Zander Crawford born 14.10.09

elainegee

Reaction score
I was a planned c section for various reason, i had terrible SPD, i was told i had group b strep and the icing on the cake was i was having a big baby. I had an emergency section with my first child so the consultant agreed for me to have an elective one this time around.

I woke up that morning with period like pains, and had been experiencing BH's very strongly for a few days and i had also lost my mucus plug in the run up to the 14th October so new that labour would not be far off and just hoped i would hold off till the 14th!.

I arrived at the hospital shortly after 8am as instructed to. There was 3 planned sections to take place and i was booked in last due to my bloods either going missing or damaged so they had to wait for my new blood tests. My contractions were started more or less when i got to the hospital. Sods law i thought! We timed them and they were every 3 minutes or more! I had immense pressure down below and when the consultant came to visit me to have a chat about the section he could see i was in labour and said i would be due in theater around 12ish and an internal could be done before hand, and if i was dilated enough would i like to give labour a go! In my head i am thinking uhmmm nooooo but i think i told him ok. As the morning went on the pains got worse and all i thought of was i couldn't go through the pain i went though with my daughter to end up a section again. i spoke to a midwife who i told i did not want to be checked and wanted the section as planned so she informed the consultant and no check was to be done. So now it was a waiting game!

Last time around i had to be put to sleep as the epidural failed on one side and a spinal failed. So my worry this time that the same would happen.

Around 12.15 it was my turn at last. before my turn a baby girl had been born and a set of twins one boy and one girl! (strangely enough before my daughter was born it was a set of twins that was being delivered in theater before i was due to have my daughter) I walked along to the theater contractions all the way and My Oh had to sit outside while i got ready. Sitting on the table i was talked through what was going to happen etc, it went all quite quickly and before i knew it the spinal was in and my bum was hot and my feet pins and needle! yeah!!! i was going to be awake through the operation, i would get to be one of the first to see my baby. I was laid on my back and My OH came in and sat next to me, they started before i even knew they had started! There was tons of tugging and pulling and it felt like forever and i heard a Dr say, i see hair, my first question! What colour is it lol. Dark, i was told. And then plop he was out. At 12.44 pm my baby boy was free from me and weighed in at 11lbs on the nose. The consultant made a joke by saying, thank goodness i had my wheetabix this morning lol. He's a big boy. He was brought round curtain and we got a wee peek at him, tears filled both our eyes. When they brought him back they were going to put him on my chest but i felt like i was going to puke so they gave him to dad. i then started to wreach, a nurse sucked up whatever came out of me it was just like foamy spit tbh lol (TMI) i was told my womb had to be brough out my tummy to be stitched up and this can often make you feel sick lol just being told that made me want to spew.

They were a while stitching me up, i was told that there was a lot of adhesion's that he had to remove from my womb, hence why it was brought out my tummy as it is easier to stitch up so i was told. The consultant told me that if i ever had any more children and it is by c section that there would need to be two consultants at hand to do the operation as it was a bit pushing for him and his registrar to do.

Now back in the recovery ward i was sat up in bed and must say felt great, tired but great. He breast fed well the first time, latched on for 30 minutes!! The whole afternoon seemed like a blur tbh. I was given tea and offered toast, baby lay in his wee cot while mum and dad took pictures and texted them onto family. I was eventually wheeled down to the ward around 5ish that night.

I can honestly say the experience i had this time was fantastic. Compared to last time with my daughter, when i was ill as hell, i was up walking about no problems that night and as i was told by my visitors was looking very well!

So here is Zander Crawford born at 12.44 on 14th October weighing in at a not to shabby 11lbs.

zander1.jpg

zander7.jpg

CONGRATS!!! He's precious!!
And I would just like to add that we are baby NAME buddies. I'm still pg, due mar 3 2010 but I plan on naming my son Zander Benjamin! It's soo fun to find someone else who chose the same 1st name!
Again, congradulations! :hugs:

If he were mine, I just don't think I could stop smooching those cheeks! He is so cute!

congrats! he is so plump and cuddly, i bet you cant stop squishing him :) :) what a gorgeous little man! well done!

Oh my he's adorable...and BIIIIGGGGG....Congratulations...

CONGRATS!!! He's precious!!
And I would just like to add that we are baby NAME buddies. I'm still pg, due mar 3 2010 but I plan on naming my son Zander Benjamin! It's soo fun to find someone else who chose the same 1st name!
Again, congradulations! :hugs:

thank you! And may what i say what a cool name you have chosen lol there def isnt many baby Zanders about thats for sure! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->