Zofran and constipation- who else?? :(

kerri28

Reaction score
Those of you also taking zofran, have you experienced horrendous constipation? Like you can't go and when you do go it's incredibly hard and like rocks? I've tried miralax and colace, in taking fiber supplements and tons of liquids. My doctor wants to try milk of magnesium but I can't swallow it. I even had to take laxatives and they didn't do a thing. I don't want to give up the zofran so does anyone have any suggestions or advice at this point?

I have never taken Zofran, but I have had a few pregnancy buddies in the past who took it and had awful constipation. They just had to up the water, take a stool softener every day, and just deal with it. Also, being active is supposed to help... but are you really stuck in bed all day, still? :( I feel for you. I don't know how things are supposed to get "moving" when YOU can't get moving!

I can be up for short periods of time and accomplish light duties on my feet but for the most part I'm suppose to still be taking it easy and off my feet. I brought tea back into the picture but that didn't stay down. I'm at a loss. Thanks for your feedback though!

I already was constipated & now it's worse. I'm not giving up the zofran though!

THe most common side effect for Zofran is constipation. I had to take it throughout my first pregnancy (trying to stay away from it if possible for this one). I found that taking half the dose helped; I was able to kick the nausea but wasn't as constipated. I'm also taking a dulcolax or miralax every three days so I don't get constipated like last time - I would go every five or six days, and had such pain.
Good luck to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->