• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Zofran

Claudia83

Reaction score
Hello Ladies,

I had my first scan today and all is good! Strong hb of 142bpm at 6w4d :happydance:

I asked for nausea meds because I literally can't keep anything down, especially water, it makes me gag SO bad (and I use to drink 90oz daily!) and I was literally bedridden on Saturday with throwing up everything that went in my mouth. I threw up before my visit and once again after lunch. It's really bad. They told me to take 1 every 6 hours.

My question: How fast does it work?
The doctor said to try to take it 1 hour before meals for maximum benefit, but I am sick almost constantly. Does it take effect immediately? I have to wait til after work to get my meds.

I am SO anxious to get some relief- I feel like I'm hung over, haven't slept in days and like I'm battling food poisoning. It's pretty extreme :sick:

I took it with my little boy. Before I even rolled out of bed I took it, and within a few minutes I was able to walk around and get ready. The first few days I took a whole pill only once a day. Then I cut it in half and took half once a day. I had to take it the entire pregnancy. I hope you start to feel better. GL.

I took it with my little boy. Before I even rolled out of bed I took it, and within a few minutes I was able to walk around and get ready. The first few days I took a whole pill only once a day. Then I cut it in half and took half once a day. I had to take it the entire pregnancy. I hope you start to feel better. GL.

Did the one pill a day hold you over?
I was never this sick with my first baby, this one is a whole new ball game.

I have HG and it gets really bad. I will throw up anywhere from 5-15 times in a day when I am pg. I took it once a day and I was fine the entire day. Which was weird. Occasionally I would feel it starting to come up at the end of the day so I would just take a quarter and I was fine.

I have HG and it gets really bad. I will throw up anywhere from 5-15 times in a day when I am pg. I took it once a day and I was fine the entire day. Which was weird. Occasionally I would feel it starting to come up at the end of the day so I would just take a quarter and I was fine.

That is so good to hear! I can't wait til I feel semi-normal again :thumbup:

I'll second what the PP said...it works quickly and I would suggest limiting it to what is required rather than taking it on a schedule. I take a half most mornings and do ok the whole day. Zofran can be seriously constipating, so be careful about taking too much.

I think it depends on how bad your morning sickness is... I also had HG, in and out of hospital on drips of potassium and fluids, they gave me wafers in the end because I could absorb it through my cheek rather than swallowing it and it coming back up. They say intravenously it works straight away but I would allow a couple of tablets for them to start working. Wha dosage are you on? They ended up giving me 8mg 3x a day this pregnancy because the 4mg wasn't doing much - so know there are options :thumbup: Also if hey taste yuk and make you gag more try t take with a tiny sip of milk an it disguises the taste completely.
Know that Zofran doesn't usually get rid of the nausea but stops you from vomiting. It didn't stop me completely but did lessen my vomiting and dry reaching from 40+ times a day to perhaps 30. Best of luck!!! :hugs:

It works pretty quickly, for me within a few minutes, maybe they suggested an hour before meals to at least allow yourself to feel like eating afterwards.

I usually take 2 of the 4mg wafers per day, one when I wake up and one around 2pm and that seems to last me until I go to bed.

I hope you feel better soon :hugs:

I LOVE Zofran. I am 12 + 3 and still end up gagging a few times a week and have to take it... It might be a mental thing but for me it works basically as soon as I pop the pill in my mouth and taste it. I don't take it on a schedule either (only when my nausea is so bad that I'm gagging or dry heaving) but I couldn't live without it.

I'm 9wks tomorrow and I too am on Zofran. It's not a miracle drug for me, but definitely makes it so I can at least choke some sort of bland food down. I'd been losing so much weight that I think just being able to get something in my stomach (and keep it there!) is the plan! I take it pretty much on schedule right now, because if I don't I'm in trouble. I'm keeping my fingers (and toes!) crossed that it lightens up come 2nd tri! Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->