Zombies ... Are you a survivor?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
Lol, OH is well into zombie type stuff, we were talking the other night about how I would just lock myself away, but don't see myself as a survivor, I dont think I could put myself through it, I would rather just shoot myself and be done with it. Perhaps not quite that simply, but I don't see myself killing and fighting to survive indefiantly

He would fight, he would be do what ever it takes to survive.

The fact we have kids changes things, although I have no idea what would be in their best intestests in those circumstances.

I don't believe in any of this stuff, but was just interesting discussing our levels of survival instincts. I often hear people joking about this type thing and wondered, are you a survivor or not?

Obviously war, famine and natural disasters come into it too. I can see me fighting then as you assume you will get rescued at some point.

Would you fight for your life?

Yay! Awesome Hallowe'en debate thread! :haha:

Okay, if we are talking about the kind of zombie apocalypse seen on Walking Dead, then I think I have a sporting chance of survival IF my husband was on his off days. He is a paramedic, so if we go by zombie lore, if he was working, he'd be one of the first on scene dealing with the zombies, before all the warnings were out. So he would have a pretty high chance of infection, and as his family, that would take care of me and the boys pretty quickly.
But! If he was on his off days when it all started, if we had those four days to figure out what was going on, I think we'd have a decent chance of survival. I have solid survival skills and am a naturalist by profession, so I feel fairly confident that I could figure out how to feed us. I would head for some of the more remote mountain cabins and figure out how to lay in supplies.
The kids would definitely slow us down, but we have a backpack carrier and a pretty rugged sports stroller, so I think we have a few options for escaping on foot.

But after a while, if there didn't seem to be any hope for humanity, if the zombie apocalypse really is the extinction event of humankind, I think all survivors might start losing hope.

oooooooooo loving this - i am a walking dead fan!!!

A SURVIVOR!!! - i would fight for my life and my family -no matter what - its in our nature to want to live even if things did turn in to a real life walking dead - i think i am strong in that sense i wouldnt kill myself - i could understand why people would do it especially if family had been killed and there was little hope - but i would carry on fighting.

i dont know how as i wouldnt have a clue about growing food etc i guess i would hope i would bump into someone like sarahkka!!!!! :)

Me too I love that show :D

Id like to say survivor as Ive watched a lot of zombie movies in my time (zombieland is my fav) lol depending on if OH is at work I dont think Id last as long as we rely on public transport which means massive crowds and generally insans panick then stampeed followed by gruesome death unless he gets seriously lucky or is immune :haha: Id probably steal a car hope its automatic n leave the city switching to a motorbike asap and grabbing supplies on the way.

If we were together wed probably haul up in our house making makeshift weapons until the initial panic dies down then make our escape. I dont know whether or not id try to find other family though as they live on the other side of the city :shrug:

Wow I put too much thought into that lol ;)

Hmmmph!
Husband just said that we wouldn't last long on roots and berries and that in case of zombies, he'd haul the whole family out of town to find his friend who traps and hunts. Then we might stand a fighting chance, he said.
Am sulking. :sulk:
Roots and berries are important!!! Perhaps, not as useful in winter, but still!!!

Our church encourages home food storage, wheat etc, not that I have any wheat or any clue what to do with it, but oh think we should learn, lol.

I say I would just go into the attic with our food, zombies can't climb ladders, but oh doesn't think that's a good idea lol, think he likes the idea of running though the country killing them lol.

I'd be crossing my fingers that they're Shaun of the Dead zombies lol. I'd fight. I believe wholeheartedly in the human capacity for happiness in the direst of circumstances, so I think if we survived the zombies and wound up in some sort of post apocalyptic world (even if that meant set up in a remote cabin somewhere with all sorts of zombie traps and blocks around) we could be happy again once we'd adjusted.

does anyone actually think this could become a reality ?????

No.
The viruses we should be worried about for pandemics usually leave their hosts properly dead, not walking dead. And while I love the show, the scientific premise is ridiculous. :)

Upon further thought, I do think you could get a post-apocalyptic-type world if some super bug wiped out 9/10s of humanity and pretty much destroyed civilization.
Very slim chance of that happening, so I have decided not to put it on my List of Things to Worry About. :)

No, I don't think zombie would or could exist.

Not zombies but 100% believe in a virus outbreak of extreme amounts within our generations. I dont worry about it though! What can you do!?!

I dont think I would survive long. I am a wimp. I hate being cold, I hate being hungry, I need lots of sleep and I am so small so I wouldnt last long!

yeah i meant in a doomsday type thing...........- i dont believe zombies would ever be a reality and i dont really think a mass virus almost total wipeout would happen either -

does anyone watch doomsday preppers ???? people are actually spending thousands/millions building special arks and underground houses and storing food etc etc its crazy

^ thats what I meant about prepping haha that programme is madness. It takes over their lives!! I would rather live for now then spend life prepping for what may never happen!

I'm definitely not a survivor! I like to think i would be amazing for the kids but if dh wasn't about i would be a goner!

I'm not a survivor. I'm like a bomber, I'm so bad I should probably keep cyanide on me in case this did ever happen. I wouldn't deal with it very well. Although, if I got to my Dad I'd be fine. His answer to everything is a stockpile of guns. And then once I'd made it to my remote cabin in the middle of the highlands I could do the surviving part.

On the subject of this ever happening, I once read a book about a drug that caused horrendous rage and was passed on through body fluids ie a bite. So although they were technically still alive they were so far past it and so rage induced they didn't have a clue what was going on and were just attacking everyone, which got me thinking. They drug was also airborne. So it is theoretically possible for similar to happen if someone invented a drug like that. I know it's a long stretch but it really got me thinking.

Did anyone ever watch the UK program 'survivor'? People everywhere were killed by some unknown virus and only a few survived, I think I'd be better in that sort of situation, just survival, no fighting.

I would just like to point out, in case my OH reads this, it's not that I don't think I could rely on him in a crisis, it's just computers are more his thing. If it was robots that he could shut down using his laptop, then he'd be fricking fantastic.

Technicaly there is a chance of a "zombie" type virus, im not talking about how its seen in films though, after all look at somthing like rabies.
Viruses are mutating all the time naturaly and and being fiddled with.
Rabies effects the nerve system and brain and can cause agression and hysteria causing the host to attack so all it takes is the virus to mutate in a way that can spread quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->