Zombies ... Are you a survivor?

I think we would survive for a while. This is something I actually think about a lot, I think our best bet would be either to flee in the car and find somewhere quite remote to live or to board up the windows/doors on our house (like on I Am Legend :lol: ) and only venture out when we think it is safe. Our main problem would be that without running water and medication Tegan's life would not be very enjoyable, and she would hold us back massively if we were to escape on foot.

I watch Doomsday Preppers too. Some of the things people are doing are equal parts amazing and crazy

I would rather go with the rest of them lol. I would hate to be one of the only survivors!

This debate is amazing. I'm OBSESSED with zombies. My older bro is in the army and when he's posted abroad I often draw up zombie survival plans to send to him and he replies with ways I could make them better :haha: Keeps him busy lol! I think I'd survive, BUT I'm a nurse in trauma and orthopeadics so am VERY likely to be one of the first to come into contact with it. I've always said at the first signs of an outbreak at work, I'd grab as many supplies as I could and run :haha:

So safety in numbers, or less is better?

both have pros and cons, in numbers your better at being able to fight them ans defending yourself such as taking in turns to sleep and gather more supplies but more likely to attract attention, few of you or alone your not as good at defense and and gathering but can escape alot easier without drawing attention to yourself.
So if your staying hold up in one area then numbers but if your on the move constantly then fewer numbers.

Maybe I think about this too much :)

I think I'd stick with a 'family' size group until I found a secure setting such as an army base

How would you ladies factor in your babies? I FF so have no clue how I'd cope in that respect!

Id say yes to begin with as there are more people to help get to a 'safe' place but once the survival part starts thats more mouths to feed and less provisions per person so I wouldnt be running around in a huge mob because it would be horrible once the food starts to run out .... but a couple people shoud be ok.

As for the irl question I think with the way that superbugs are going and biological warfare (contagion and resident evil anyone?) it could be very possible that a virus could wipe us all out excluding those who are naturally immune of course although I doubt it would be a full scale zombie apocolypse.

ETA; as for babies get a sling and carry em :D not sure about FF either try and raid a local shop on the way out of town maybe???

I hope the zombie apocolypse happens after my LO is 6 months ;)

Well, after the day I had today with my 2-year old, I think the zombies can have him. Actually, I am pretty sure he'd be an effective zombie deterrent. The tantrums today were epic - enough to scare the undead! :)

On a more serious note - for babies, you want them close in to you and you need to be able to stop them crying or they can give you away if there is a horde around. So a sling would be good, but for a little guy, I think I'd want something more like an Ergo carrier - you'd be able to run better, I think.
In terms of kids and groups of other survivors, no matter what the size - others might object to small children. They would be a massive liability - they slow you down, are noisy, needy, and hugely vulnerable.

I am so not a survivor! :haha: My Zombie Apocalypse Plan is to turtle behind my hubby while crying about my imminent demise. :rofl:

I do think stuff like that could happen... the movie 28 Days Later totally freaked me out because animal/human stuff CAN happen. Look at AIDS. Agh this stuff totally winds me up and keeps me up at night thinking and freaking out. :haha:

There's no way that Claire would be able to keep still/quiet so I can safely assume that unless my hubby was amazing with defending us, we'd be goners. :haha:

My hubby and I have had this conversation. :haha:

He would live. I would die.

Of course, he's sweet and says he would never leave me behind.

On a vaguely related note, I think I would put down my pets, all except my mean dog. I wouldn't want all of my sweet fur babies to go the way of the Atlanta horse in The Walking Dead...

I personally woudl have no hope:
- I wouldnt be able to eat raw meat, or mouldy stuff to survive.
- I cant run for shit
- I am so un co-ordinated like cant jump a fence or anything
- dont own gun (although there is a gun shop down the road) and never shot one except at a fair ground.
- I get well cold, and tierd and just give up even when walking round the park.
- I drive a land rover - which initially you would think brill run them over and all that. but it would run out petrol a mile down the road ...so no hope there!
- but i have however watched zombie land numerous times and think if he can surive maybe i could!

my hubby on the other hand would prob be the last one standing!

slightly off topic but my sistem been a zombie for the past three weeks at a local farm where they were doing a fright fest. they got to actual attempt to savage the visitors then the 'security guards' were in on it as well and would come drag them away...was awesome! They also attempted to break the world records for the most amount of zombies gathered in one place....but they missed in by a few hundred. was still cool to watch tho.

i think my plan is to get as many supplies and get a boat and go out into the waters...hopefully they cant swim!

I would be a survivor.

First I would try to gather all of the food, water, knives, axes, guns and ammo. You'd want to use the knives and things like that as a first resort because the gun noise could draw more in. :haha:

This definitely makes me start wanting to have a full tank of gas at all times :rofl:

I wouldn't last a day :haha: I am such a pushover and am not a natural born fighter. Forget zombies if it came down to the last bottle of water I would probably hand it over to avoid a fight.
When I was about 15 my mum had given the cat some medicine that made it's mouth all foamy (I didn't know she had done this) so when the cat ran to me for a fuss I ran into my room shutting the door because I thought it had rabies. That is what I would be like :rofl:

OH gets excited at the thought of a zombie apocolypse, he thinks he could easily survive.
:rofl:

I think I'm a survivor. I can grow food, I can fish, and if I were hungry enough I could kill something to eat. I don't like to be cold, but I would be able to stand it if I had no other choice. With a baby I wouldn't be able to outrun anything though, so my only option would be to hole up somewhere.

I think Mummy Bean is right, I don't think zombies can swim, Which would make boats and islands easily defensible spaces.

Oh an island!! That would be perfect... eat berries and such, fish, any birds you can catch... build a hut to live in... and you are technically living the dream in someone elses paradise!!! :rofl:

I love the walking dead!!! Never miss an episode and I think I could survive. I would need some serious anxiety meds which wouldnt be available so I would be a spaz but I could survive.. would need to learn how to use weapons though!

i love all things zombie...i think i could survive. my dh has a massive collection of weapons (all legal) and i'd fight till the end.

makes me think i need to keep a larger supply of formula on hand, the baby being born on the walking dead nervewracked me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->