“Cryptic” pregnancy — making no hCG due to breastfeeding + stress??

wrapunzel

mama of four
Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am breastfeeding round the clock, baby was born 12/12

On July 24 I had unprotected sex and felt a strong ovulation pain during it

July 25 ovulation pains continued, I checked my cm/cp and found it extremely fertile, cm was egg white with streaks of blood.

Took Clinical Guard HPTs almost daily starting August 2nd and they were all negative. Around August 5th I had yellow/green cm that strongly resembled mucus plug. Blood test on August 7th was negative. August 7th was 14 days post ovulation, my luteal phases are 11-14 days.

Starting August 15 I had a strange period. My first period post partum. I had terrible diarrhea, super nauseous, only mild cramps and no clots at all at any point, only blood. 4 days of fresh red blood 3 of which were light and one of which was fairly heavy, followed by 3 days of spotting...

I mourned the potential pregnancy not having happened and moved on with life. I’ve been super hungry and fatigued. Now it is August 26th. Yesterday I spiked a high fever and vomited. Today I have been super nauseous and bloated. I should be ovulating again in a few days? Cm is between lotion and egg white (or a mix of both)

I googled “cryptic pregnancy” hoping to reassure myself it isn’t possible and instead I found it’s actually been medically documented that when the mother has certain risk factors the body does not produce hCG. I have THREE of the risk factors — breastfeeding, high stress (husband was arrested August 3rd and we signed divorce papers August 24th), and underweight/low body fat.

So have any of you experienced pregnancy without hCG? Or anyone you know?

TIA

What ever happened? I think I'm going through a cryptic pregnancy now. And I'm trying to find out more about it. What happened with you?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->