£100 clothing allowance when coming off JSA?

F

FierceAngel

Hi all

i went to jc yesterday for my jsa interview.. claimed 2 weeksago but waiting list to see someone but will be backdated..

2 hours later i got a call to say i got the job i was interviewed for on friday !! :happydance:

the guy i saw mentioned tht wen i find a job im eligable for a £100 clothing grant to help me purchase work clothes..

this would be mega handy for me as most of my office clothes dont fit me now as they are pre pregnancy size :cry:

has anyone had this.. any details how long it took how you apply?

gonna have a look at the website today but nothing on my paperwork just wondered if anyone had any experience of it

thank you :)

oh dear never mind just read direct gov website and you have to hve been claiming for 26 weeks!

fair enough!

the giy shouldnt have mentioned it then :( well done on the job though x

Yeah, unfortunately a lot of the things like this you can get when you find a job you can only have if you've been claiming for 6 months xx

No they will give it you just go into the job centre they tell you where you can use the limit, My sister got it and she was only signing on for like 8 weeks and used it, also if you get the job they give you a one off payment of £250 bonus for finding it yourself.

I was on JSA from mid Feb to beginning of Oct but could only claim for 6 mnths as OH earns over the limit. A bit unfair really as I have never been supported by anyone and always earned my own money. Luckily I had mortgage protection and a small amount of savings otherwise we wouldn't have been able to pay the mortgage.

Anyway they said I'd get a one off payment of £100 when I found a job but then said I didn't qualify cos I wasnt single.

About 2 weeks later I got a letter saying the £100 would be paid into my bank account and it was. Not sure where the £250 for getting a job comes from, no one mentioned that to me.

yep :)

I guess they get dont mention it if they can get out of payin it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"