£20 charge to see GP

I vote Lib Dems :)

I very nearly switched a couple of years ago but in the end I couldnt'; bring myself to do it.

The fact of the matter is that all the parties are moving to the right and across Europe the parties in power are moving significantly to the right. It's a bit scary. Like WW2 never happened...

And Tasha you're right if the Tories get in those of us who get family related benefits will really lose out as they will undo all Labour's good work in that dept. They'll chip away at it and before we know it there'll be hardly any support left for families at all.

Labour sure aren't perfect but they've shown themselves to be a damn sight better than the opposition.
lol. Here the CDu which is the conservative party moved more to the left- the SPD which is the was more of a labour party moved more to the right(and thus making space for the newly found Die linke a leftist party made of disappointed Spd members a , the PDS which is the old east germany party , and some other leftist group)
The greens became a bit more pragmatic and keep their postitons just there where their partner needs them basically- The FDP(which is our free democrats/liberal party) has moved on the neocons side and has been since the 80 a partner for the conservatices - where as before that they were always partners of the SPD.

So all in all everythign has shifted towards the centre which makes unfortunately place for the rim parties to collect votes.

From direct gov.

Who is eligible?

You may be able to get Income Support if you're aged 16 to 59 and any of the following apply:

* you're a lone parent
* you're registered sick or disabled
* you're a student and either a lone parent or disabled
* you're caring for someone who's sick or elderly

and the following apply:

* you don't have savings of £16,000 or more
* you're not working, or work on average less than 16 hours a week

You may also be entitled to Income Support if you have a low income and:

* you're sick and your Statutory Sick Pay is less than the amount of Income Support you would be entitled to
* you or your partner or civil partner are not working because of parental leave
* you're on paternity leave

I was just going to say what PeanutBean has, it is not income related, it doesnt top up your income, you claim IS cos you cant work such as a lone parent or carer.

So my after this little deviation my point was really that people don't get benefits because they are lazy sods so I don't begrudge sharing my taxes.

So what about the people who have 6 kids and neither parents work? Like that Lizzie from Wifeswap who was on celeb BB i think it was. She claims 37500 a year! Far more than me and OH.

So what about the people who have 6 kids and neither parents work? Like that Lizzie from Wifeswap who was on celeb BB i think it was. She claims 37500 a year! Far more than me and OH.

I'm sorry but I simply don't believe it's possible for anyone to get that much from benefits even if they were eligible for everything. If it's really that much then most of it will be from child tax credit for the 6 kids. I wouldn't trust anything that came to light through Wifeswap or BB...

I'm sorry but I simply don't believe it's possible for anyone to get that much from benefits even if they were eligible for everything. If it's really that much then most of it will be from child tax credit for the 6 kids. I wouldn't trust anything that came to light through Wifeswap or BB...

Well she got done for benefit fraud cos she earned 3500 for doing wifeswap and a topless shoot (I shudder at the thought!) and didnt declare it so... It really is that much though she bragged about it :growlmad:

They would get £100 a week for the pair of them if they are on JSA, £230 a week for Child tax credits, £68 a week child benefit, this all x's 52 is £20,696 that would leave £16,804 for rent, they live in my borough bout 20 minutes away and for the size house they would need £1400 pound a month is realistic if not cheap. Plus there would be council tax. See if you break it up, you can full believe they get that much.

ETA Sorry ctc is £230 for them.

They have 8 kids sorry, not 6.. so yes, they def get that much.

Blimey then that is £112 in child benefit a week and £346 child tax credit.

Almost 24k on that alone! Jeez.

All parties are as bad as one another I think.... All do good things and bad things.

Either way Ive had to go to the docs 4 times in 2 months for a reccuring ear infection and a perforated ear drum ... I certainly couldnt afford to pay each time, im so glad my perscriptions are free atm.

TBH I think theres plenty more charges and taxes to come .. :(

8 kids is a lot. I think it is the CTC that adds up but kids do need taking care of, even if they belong to benefit frauds! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->