£20 charge to see GP

It's the same for everyone though Blah... it's sickening to be honest. I think more people would understand if they had any idea what a 20 week + baby looks like. You CANNOT just dismiss it as a 'miscarriage' because it wasn't. End of.

I agree :hugs:

Also, if you are claiming WTC and CTC you get exemption from prescriptions, dentist, and opticians?

I agree too Amy :hug:

If you want a dental plan have a look at this site it compares https://www.dentalplans.co.uk/

PB... we know :lol: Just chatting about it is all

And no.. i don't go to the dentist unless it's free. Hell, i think i've lost my place at the one i was registered at. Simply can't afford it.

Sorry. :blush: Just some people are getting all angry at the government when it's not even their idea and it's riling me!

amy have you tried filling in an HC1 form? I did this when I was a student. It is a means test and you may get all or some payment towards dentist, opticians, wigs (!) and I think prescriptions. I had free dentistry for a while but wasn't on benefits. You should talk to your dentist about it.

My sister has some sort of health plan that covers dentist and opticians ad homeopath and some other stuff. I think she pays £40 a month. It's not exactly insurance but I can find out about it if you're interested.

And :hugs: for your loss and the way you are treated. That's really bad...

Thanks everyone. I'm certainly gonna have to look into something.. I'm probably not going back to work and to say we will struggle is an understatement. We will get the basic tax credits for having 1 child £500 something a year? OH is above the threshold for more (20k a year) but after all our bills we will be left with £300 per month including Child benefits and tax credits and this has got to buy caitlyns essentials too. Hence why i'm buying clothes in advance while we can! I will work, of some sort... but i can't go back to my job, I'm not happy there, too many hours... too little time with my daughter.

It makes sense. I can relate though. DH earns about £16 at the moment and I'm on SMP. I have to go back to work but I so don't want to. I'm going to look for a part time job but depending on how much that is I might find we can't actually afford that. Sucks doesn't it? I reckon the bankers should give us some of their cash!

Peanutbean, I agree with everything you have said! I work in Politics and I have had a few calls having a go about this £20 but as you said, it's not the government and it's not happening, just a great headline for the daily mail to jump on!

Not having a go at anyone by the way. It's is a difficult idea and I would certainly need to understand more about the small print before judging it personally - I'm just saying don't get too het up about it yet - it's certainly not a Labour policy and it's steeped in right wing values. I for one would never dream of voting tory. So much good has happened under Labour but it's been so long I think many of us can't imagine any different.

Wow, I wrote more than I expected there. You were lucky, it could of been worse. :rofl:

Thanks Drazic! I sometimes feel I am alone in this country! For me it stems from working in science communication. If there's one thing that's as badly reported in the media as politics it's science. People are not brought up to question what they read and most of it is speculation and much of it is propaganda.

I agree, things have been so good! Right from when Labour first got in (the first election I was old enough to vote at) they were being blamed for the Tories mistakes. It started with the bloody millenium done and it has never ended as if a new government inherits a blank slate.

I get upset with people who just believe everything but I get really really angry with the media. It seems they are the true leaders of this country. Sigh....

Maybe I'll stop ranting in this thread now... sorry...

I SO agree! You are not alone sweety, but I thought I was too! The media certainly call the shots. So much of what is reported is simply untrue, but people believe it and (fairly, if it was true) are annoyed. I work in political communication, as much like you have described it is like banging your head on a brick wall sometimes as the 'big boys' of media silence you out. However, I believe so passionately in so many of the things that Labour have brought in (Child tax credits, minimum wage, Surestart Centres, Free bus travel for over 60's...ect!) I will continue to fight! I understand Labour arn't perfect, but the prospect of my kids growing up under a tory administration frankly scares me rigid!

About two or three years ago they introduced a quartely 10 € fee if you go to any doctor. Made me actually go less to a doctor than before(well don't need it often but now i hesitate even more before I go)

I SO agree! You are not alone sweety, but I thought I was too! The media certainly call the shots. So much of what is reported is simply untrue, but people believe it and (fairly, if it was true) are annoyed. I work in political communication, as much like you have described it is like banging your head on a brick wall sometimes as the 'big boys' of media silence you out. However, I believe so passionately in so many of the things that Labour have brought in (Child tax credits, minimum wage, Surestart Centres, Free bus travel for over 60's...ect!) I will continue to fight! I understand Labour arn't perfect, but the prospect of my kids growing up under a tory administration frankly scares me rigid!

It's funny reading things on here sometimes as every one of the women who have had a baby have really benefited by Labour's policies. No party will be perfect, for one thing they are only human, and for another they have to find a way to reach a compromise that best fits the public's ideals and sometimes they have to take a risk which may or may not pay off. When my sister had her boy (over 10 years ago so the remnants of Tory maternity rights) she got something like £16 a week SMP and leave was only a few weeks and look what we get now? And the minimum wage is a hugely wonderful achievement!

Whatever party people want to vote for I just wish they could make their decisions on real policies and real reporting not the sensationalist opinion pieces that make up today's news.

Oh and btw ours was done under a labour government..

PeanutBean and Drazic the problem is people dont know what to believe, what ever they read. Even if you look at the policies, then lots of political groups are lets say economical with the truth, you research and there are such different sides to every story that the truth is not easy to find.

I personally wouldnt vote for Tory either, if they come in we will loose Child Tax Credits (not just myself everyone), and we simply couldnt afford to live with out that.

Morri that works out to be £8.61 every 3 months, see I dont think that is that bad compared to the £20-£40 I would have to pay each month.

This is crazy! And people, like me that already hate going to the doctors, will be put off even more! And so people on benefits won't have to pay - surely they should say they pay a reduced amount - it drives me crazy that I have to work full time to get by and pay towards these benefits for people, then have to pay on top of that to see my own GP - I don't think this will happen or at least won't happen for a long time off. It makes you wonder what on earth our taxes will be going towards!

Morri that works out to be £8.61 every 3 months, see I dont think that is that bad compared to the £20-£40 I would have to pay each month.
Before it was free though. and dentist and other special doctors want it seperately for one reason- never nunderstood that but maybe they just want to rip you off? dunno- only know that when I admitted my Oh to hospital with a borken foot he had to pay 10 € there as well ast the doctor on a later day to see how the foot is going ..

I vote Lib Dems :)

I very nearly switched a couple of years ago but in the end I couldnt'; bring myself to do it.

The fact of the matter is that all the parties are moving to the right and across Europe the parties in power are moving significantly to the right. It's a bit scary. Like WW2 never happened...

And Tasha you're right if the Tories get in those of us who get family related benefits will really lose out as they will undo all Labour's good work in that dept. They'll chip away at it and before we know it there'll be hardly any support left for families at all.

Labour sure aren't perfect but they've shown themselves to be a damn sight better than the opposition.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->