£8.99 for SMA Toddler Milk!!!! :O

KamKol

Mother of one
Reaction score
I can't believe it! Last week I went into Asda and bought a tin for £5 and today I went in again and they've bumped it up to £8.99!!!!!!

I'm gutted - I should have stocked up :dohh: Even the normal Formula Milk tins a cheaper now....

WHAT A RIP OFFFFFFFFFF!

Sorry - pointless but this really takes the piss - they put the price down so you get your kids hooked onto it, then they bump it up so you then HAVE to buy it. Grrr!

I wouldn't bother with the toddler milk, once they are a year old they can drink cow's milk which is better for their teeth and cheaper! We used aptimi follow on milk for a while then I decided it wasn't worth the money so we just switched to cow's milk.

I was in Tesco wednesday and noticed the stage one sma had gone up to £8.99 aswell! We use Hipp and thats the same price for now. Money Scounging sh*ts!

Well that's annoying! I got some the other week for £5 and Kili's finally got used to it so I sent OH for more yesterday and didn't ask him how much it was, I bet it wasn't on deal any more though =(

The SMA gold first milk is the same - its gone from around £7.60 a tin to £8.88 - £10... total madness. I managed to stock up on 6 tins at the cheaper price - but they will soon go.

Formula is so much cheaper in the UK than in Canada, even with your new prices. Here a tin costs around $28 unless you buy the really cheap store brand which is about $20. I'm glad I don't have to buy it, but I have some friends who ff and it costs them a fortune.

Edit: 8.99pounds is about $14.30 (Canadian, not US, though the exchange rate is similar I think).

8.99 pounds seems pretty cheap to me? That is $18NZ and the cheapest formulas in the supermarket are about that price.

Yah canada its crazy expensive! I had to use Nutrigmen for 4 months! I went thru a tin and a half a week, cost me $22 a tin thats about just about 14 pounds.
Cost me $33 or 21 pounds a week

Yah canada its crazy expensive! I had to use Nutrigmen for 4 months! I went thru a tin and a half a week, cost me $22 a tin thats about just about 14 pounds.

That's actually a really cheap price Parkep. Especially for Nutramigen.

That's actually a really cheap price Parkep. Especially for Nutramigen.

Yah I was pretty lucky its pretty well stocked her, but compared to $14 for a big tin, little bit of a difference is all.... :blush:

Just use cows milk if LO is over 1. You can buy various types of multivitamins and minerals to add to the milk or give separately to LO if you are worried about their diet. You will save a fortune. It's not worth paying that for a product you don't need!

Yup - we've used SMA since Imogen was weaned off breastmilk but she's on Cow and Gate toddler milk now. She still has bottles, and I don't think she'd like cow's milk. Also, sometimes we run out of cow's milk - we never run out of formula, I always have a spare tin in the house. SO cross that they ramped it up like that. It's nearly a tenner in our Co-op.

Im gunna go straight onto cows milk with Aliyah.
They can put baby things at whatever price they like as they know everyone still buys it

Yup - we've used SMA since Imogen was weaned off breastmilk but she's on Cow and Gate toddler milk now. She still has bottles, and I don't think she'd like cow's milk. Also, sometimes we run out of cow's milk - we never run out of formula, I always have a spare tin in the house. SO cross that they ramped it up like that. It's nearly a tenner in our Co-op.

That's exactly what I love about it!! I am really bad about using up all the milk..I go through about 6-8 litres of semi-skimmed a week :blush: No idea how either since I only drink 1-2 glasses a day but I use it for cooking too. Plus LO doesn't drink liquids (other than breastmilk) often so if I got her a separate bottle of full fat cows milk it would usually just go to waste.

For those of you in Canada what size is the formula tin there? The one here that's 8.99 is 1kg I think, maybe there's a size difference to make up for the price? If not, that's ridiculous!!

I think its government legislation that keeps changing the prices on formula. In boots they didn't have the special offer on first milk because of that reason.

For those of you in Canada what size is the formula tin there? The one here that's 8.99 is 1kg I think, maybe there's a size difference to make up for the price? If not, that's ridiculous!!

If you get say a specialty one it's about 640g (etc probiotic type ones) or if you get a plain one you get 900g.... Lol well that's of one brand any ways but it's the cheaper name brand. So the more expensive ones you probably get less.

I would give her a try on cows milk tbh, you can buy the small carton if you dont think you would use much but you get so much life on the full fat milk that you would prob use it up within the date and the follow on milks are full of so much sugar, if lo is on a good diet then the cows milk would be so much better for her. Kx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->