1 baby not moving during scan...?

meganb

Reaction score
So, I went for my 10 week scan yesterday and saw my two little beans. Baby A was extremely active and bouncing all over the place. Baby B wasn't moving which immediately alarmed me but the sonographer said he was sleeping?! He prodded a bit with the u/s wand and baby B moved position, turned over but just wasn't as active as the other one.

Anyone had anything similar? My scan was literally only 5 mins to check heartbeats / positions etc.

Thanks!

Try not to worry. One of my twins is a bit less active than the other, he's tucked under the other twin to so he must just be comfy :) xxx

Thanks, Kitty. With my previous 2 pregnancies they were jumping around all over the place at each scan, but this twin pregnancy is just a whole completely new ball game to me!!

My next scan is scheduled for 23rd Dec so am counting down the days till then. Wouldn't it be great if we could have home scan units to keep beside our beds to check whenever we want?! ;)

heheee.I Had the same worries with mine! One is more active..that's it..

Girl baby always moved more than the boy. They do go through phases of movement. Once they are older, you can tell about what time they tend to move. They say that would also be the time they will be awake once they are born.

Yup, Addison always moved way more than Olivia.

mine are very different too - sam is a morning person and fynn a night owl - am in for some fun if they do this once they are here NOT

Also worried I have same thing, Baby A is jumping around crazy and Baby B is very still. Also Baby B is measuring one week smaller (21mm v 29mm) than Baby A at last scan at 9 weeks. Not sure what to make of it, but very very worried about little Baby B!

MGD, it's hard not to worry but fingers crossed all will be well. I've actually started feeling them moving when I lie in bed at night - whether it's my imagination or not I don't know, but Baby A is still far more active than Baby B.

Am going for my 12 week scan tomorrow - have read on the internet that eating a Mars bar before going in is sure to wake them both up! Will try it and let you know how I get on ;)

MGD, it's hard not to worry but fingers crossed all will be well. I've actually started feeling them moving when I lie in bed at night - whether it's my imagination or not I don't know, but Baby A is still far more active than Baby B.

Am going for my 12 week scan tomorrow - have read on the internet that eating a Mars bar before going in is sure to wake them both up! Will try it and let you know how I get on ;)

As mentioned before baby A (Addison) was way more active than B (Olivia). It's that way outside of the womb too! : ) I'd go entire days without feeling Olivia and have to wake her up in the evenings to make sure things were ok.

Thanks Vineyard, that's reassuring to know!

How are you getting on with your girls now? Must be such a relief to finally have them here safe & well!!

x

Thanks Vineyard, that's reassuring to know!

How are you getting on with your girls now? Must be such a relief to finally have them here safe & well!!

x

It is a relief. We are good! They are really content babies for the most part. It is exhausting though, that's for sure. We're packing them up to see family 4 hours away for Christmas--STRESSFUL!!

Sooo, how did the journey go Vineyard (or is it still ahead of you?!).

Had my scan yesterday and it was exactly the same as last time - Twin A constantly moving and Twin B asleep - obgyn had me cough a couple of times and that seemed to wake him/her up! He then he/she started hiccuping and jumping up and down. Dr doesn't seem at all worried, so am trying to relax a bit. Next scan's on 13th Jan - 3 whole weeks away!!

Baby A used to be the one that was super active, but now it seems as though though they have switched..Now A is mellow, and B is active..I wonder if it has anything to do with position...B was sitting on A's head last time we went for our scan...hmmm...

Had my scan yesterday and it was exactly the same as last time - Twin A constantly moving and Twin B asleep - obgyn had me cough a couple of times and that seemed to wake him/her up! He then he/she started hiccuping and jumping up and down. Dr doesn't seem at all worried, so am trying to relax a bit. Next scan's on 13th Jan - 3 whole weeks away!!

We are getting ready to feed the girls and then will be out the door. Wish us luck--I think we need it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

We are getting ready to feed the girls and then will be out the door. Wish us luck--I think we need it.

Merry Christmas everyone!

ooohh good luck!!! and Merry Christmas!!!!

Mine have switched too fynn used to wiggle loads and then sam moved forward so they were equal for a bit but now its the other way round and fynn is head down (and very far down in my pelvis apparently) and all I feel from him is squirms now but sam is a right little wiggler lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->