1 bedroomed top floor flat & pregnant

surreysharon

Mum to Harry born @ 36wks
Reaction score
I live in a housing association top floor one bedroomed flat. I live alone as partner has his own property at the moment. Im only 6 wks pregnant but thinking of the future and wondered if i would be eligible for a transfer. Im on the 2nd floor.

I am expecting to have to stay here for a year or so once bubba is here, what do you think?

x

im in surrey

You probably will have to stay for upto a year, I know our local council doesn't think a baby needs their own room until they're one.

Im expecting that also so thats cool....will put my name down before and just see but expect a good wait
thanks x

depends on the waitin lists in your area
keep going in to the housing dept you may get a house
x

We're in a 1 bedroom flat too (it's private though). We're on the Housing List but the wait is like 2 years on average in our area :-( xxx

I was on the top floor of a 13 story block of flats when i was pregnant, lol, the last 5 floors the lift didn't go to either so i had to walk the stairs :dohh: They didn't let me transfer! That was also in Surrey strangly enough! Now i've moved back to Birmingham and i'm on the third floor, and it's not as bad as i thought it would be with a child. But no one seems to care whether you are on the ground floor or the 13th floor if you have a baby :-/

Bedroom wise i think you can apply for a 2 bedroomed once the baby is actually here x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->