1. M/C - scared of trying again

hawalkden

Reaction score
Me and my fiancé suffered a miscarriage in November, we was about 5 weeks and I was mortified that it happened to us after the medical year we've had personally, we're not protecting and we're still trying but i'm scared of going through it all again.
I know I need to keep calm, stress free and healthy diet which I do but I still feel like we'll go through it again.
Any advice?
Good luck to everyone else though
xxxx

hmmm... i advise that you have a lot of sex and don't take any pregnancy tests until you have missed your period for 3 months :winkwink:

honestly, some doctors do advise waiting a few months to try again. maybe you should listen to your body and wait a bit.

oh, and i should have said GOOD LUCK!!!

i also mc'd in november. i was around 6 weeks. it was very painful. i want so badly to be pregnant again, but i am TERRIFIED to be pregnant again.

true true ;)
I'll probably wait! But just see what happens, just hope none of my friends get preg beforehand; just cant deal with the attention for them selfish i know!
Docs dont know much anyway! haha :)
XxX

I'm sorry for your loss. I had two miscarriages last year, and just found out I am pregnant again. I am terrified also. My heart breaks thinking of what we have been through, but I also know how badly we want another child. We talked and decided we would just keep trying and one time hopefully it will stick. Hang in there and good luck.

I felt the same way after my M/C in December. I was terrified of going through the physical pain again (it was a natural MC, horrendous pain) and I felt like just giving up and forgetting about TTC. After I physically healed, I spent a good week drinking tons of caffeine, drinking whatever alcohol I wanted, and eating things I avoided while being pregnant. I finally had energy to clean the house top to bottom (it had lacked during my pregnancy due to fatigue). DH and I greived for the loss of our child in that time, too.

About two weeks after the MC, I started to feel better all around and the desire to be pregnant again took over, we decided to NTNP and BD'ed regularly, and I fell pregnant (OV'ed) 3 weeks after my MC.

I went from being freaked out about TTC again to desperately wishing to be pregnant within a week or two. For others it may take considerably longer, everybody is different. Regardless, just remember your chances of a successful pregnancy this time are VERY good, and remember that you were able to get through what happened. Don't focus on what might happen this time, just take care of yourself.

Good luck :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->