1 miscarriage with 2 failed d&c - when will it ever be over ?

twodcnobaby

Reaction score
Hi - I am new on this forum and do not really know my way around yet.
I am down in the dumps : I miscarried our first pregnancy (I was 12 weeks along) and had to get a d&c. A month later I had a check up and apparently, there were still some retained product. So I had some contracting medication to help make it "go away". Unfortunately, it did not work so I was up for a second d&c. Unfortunately, the piece of placenta is buried so deep that the 2nd d&c did not do its magic either. So I am back to waiting some more before trying a third d&c (with a new doctor, whom I asked a second opinion from, who said that a d&c is probably still the way to go, but there is currently too much damage in the uterus from the past 2 d&c to do anything right now, so we have to wait).
I feel confused (when is this ever going to be over so I can finally end the grieving process of my loss and be "better" ?) and scared (what if all of these d&c permanently damage my uterus and I actually never get to be pregnant again ?) and just plain depressed.

Has anyone been through something similar ? It's now been exactly 3 months since I learned there was no heartbeat, and I still feel as empty and unhealed as ever.

Just seeing my cousin's baby at a family reunion got me crying out of the blue ... I just don't know how to cope anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->