1 month, half a stone & a saree...

joeyjo

Mum to 2boys, growing #3
Reaction score
So I'm not overweight but I am heavier & flabbier than I'd like...
I'm not quite back to pre-pregnancy weight & although most clothes fit some are significantly less flattering than they were.

I have my brother's wedding in 1 month exactly, all the extended family will be there and the last time I saw them was at my wedding when I was obviously looking my absolute best. What's more is that I'm expected to wear a saree & my midriff will be on display, what more could I ask for as an incentive.

I know what needs to be done, I just have to do it!

Current weight 9st 5lb
Target weight 8st 12lb

Plan: no restrictions on what I eat but the following rules must be adhered to...
1.) Minimum of 5 portions of fruit/veg must be eaten before any "naughty treats" ideally 3 will be veg but at least 2. Fruit juice doesn't count.
2.) 2litres of water per day
3.) Maximum of 1 can diet coke a day & 1 coffee
4.) Alcohol only 2 nights a week
5.) Aim for 1500-1700 cal per day (breastfeeding) 5 days a week, 2000 twice a week
6.) Minimum 45min walk 5 days a week.
7.) Gym twice a week.
8.) At home strength training (sit ups, hand weights, etc etc) 20min 5 days a week.

I managed this routine with a slightly lower calorie bracket for over 18months prepregnancy & I was in the best shape of my life, I stopped counting calories and had just adjusted to a much healthier lifestyle & I NEED to get back there as it felt soooo good & I had so much more confidence & energy.

So I'm off to bed now and tomorrow is day 1 in this kick start month but also day 1 of the rest of my life, I'm hoping keeping a record here will help keep me motivated :)

good luck- a bare midriff would scare me senseless!!

So day 1 hasn't been too bad...

Breakfast: shreddies and skimmed milk, fresh coffee :cloud9:

Lunch: Bread roll with ham & wholegrain mustard, banana, raspberries & muller-light yoghurt.

Dinner (not so good but not terrible): Half a thin crust takeaway pizza with chicken, mushroom, pepper & onion topping with tomato salad side. Choc Ice.

I've managed to limit myself to 2 diet cokes - 1 more than ideal but I have managed not to have any beer despite the fact I'm watching football.

It could have been better - I should have had some fruit at breakfast & tried adding salad to my lunch....and no more need to be said about Pizza ;rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->