1 year, 2 months ago to the day, we started TTC #4. . . .(Update. . TWINS!)

MomOf3Girls

Reaction score
And today I finally got my BFP! :bfp: :happydance:

We ended up having male factor infertility this time around. Didn't have this issue when I got pg with my girls. Was put on Femara, and went through two IUI's. IUI #2 was successful. :thumbup:

I first tested with an Equate brand test, and couldn't believe it was :bfp: I still had my cup of FMU, so I also tested with a FRER and a Clearblue digital with weeks estimator. All positive! The weeks estimator said 2-3 weeks at 12 dpiui (dpo), instead of 1-2 like I expected. I'm kind of hoping this is caused by twins giving me increased hcg. At my follie scan, I had a 16 mm and a 12 mm follie. The nurse at my IUI said the 12 mm could very well have caught up and produced an egg too, but you never know. Anyone else ever get 2-3 weeks on this test at 12 dpo?

Update Oct 7th:
Beta #1 at 14 dpiui: 418 I go in tomorrow for beta #2.
DD #3's first beta at 13 dpo: 225, and it doubled every 30 hours. At the 6 week u/s, we found out she had a twin that was in the process of vanishing. So, she started out as a twin.

Update Oct 9th:
Well, I don't think it's going to be twins anymore. I'm just grateful for the one, what seems to be so far healthy baby that is in there. Yesterday's beta was 990 at 16 dpo. The first one two days before that was 418. That's a doubling time of only 38 hours. DD #3 doubled every 30 hours, and she DID have a twin that didn't make it. I'm thinking this one must have just implanted on the early side, so my hcg was a lil higher by 14 dpo. Would have been nice to have finished our family in just one more pregnancy. I want this one to have a sibling close in age, and not just the girls that are 7+ years apart. So, I guess it'll be back to TTC again someday after this one is born. At least next time I'll know to go straight for the IUI!

Update Oct 27th:
Had my first u/s! There were two in there, so it IS twins! :happydance:

oh wow!! as first, congrats!!

and second, yes, that really sounds like a high chance of twins there!!!

Congratulations! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :flower:

Congrats :flower:
I am thinking about giving iui a go in 2015 if we are not successful after 6months of active TTC. We have been trying on and off since 2013 January .

Would you mind giving some more info abou iui process ?

Congrats to you hun!
H&H 9 months!

Congrats :flower:
I am thinking about giving iui a go in 2015 if we are not successful after 6months of active TTC. We have been trying on and off since 2013 January .

Would you mind giving some more info abou iui process ?

So sorry for the late response. I have been very sick the past couple weeks. So, for IUI, they put you on either Clomid or Femara, whether you actually need it or not. I didn't need it since I ovulate on my own, but it's the protocol, and I was given Femara. On CD 12, you go in for a follicle scan to see how many are developing, and what size they are. When at least one is mature enough, they will give you instructions on how to give yourself a trigger shot. 1.5 days after you do the trigger, you go in for the IUI. They take the semen sample from your DH, and spin it to separate the good sperm from the bad sperm. The good sperm are put into a catheter thing, which the Dr puts into you through the cervix, and deposits them at the top of the uterus so they have less distance to travel. Very painless.

Thank you for explaining it to me very clearly.:hugs:

Btw just saw your ticker that you are having twins. How amazing is that :cloud9:

Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months! :)

Congrats! I too am having twins! You're about a week ahead of me!

Mine are monochorionic diamniotic, naturally conceived freaks of nature haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->