1 year milestone and period question

starlight2801

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I haven't had chance to post on here for a while but yesterday my BF boy turned 1. Happy birthday little man <3

If you had told me 12 months ago that I would still be BF a year on I would never have believed you, but with a few ups and downs along the way everything just clicked into place for me and my little man and BF just works for us. I am so proud to have reached the one year milestone and am planning on continuing beyond, although I've been back at work part time for two months now and hope that it doesn't effect things too much.

Just one concern. I still don't have my period back. Is this normal? I was kind of expecting it to have returned by now although my little man still feeds a couple of times through the night so this may be keeping my prolactin levels higher than they would be.

Anyone else have a baby around the same age or older and still no AF? I don't know whether I should be seeing a doctor x

Congrats on the milestone and happy birthday to your LO.

It's normal for some women to not get their period back until they stop nursing entirely, or cut down on feeds.

I got my period back at 13 months despite still feeding frequently and overnight. It seemed pretty random.

I think it's something that really just varies. Don't worry and enjoy its absence while it lasts!

Yep, as PP said, totally normal. Mine came back around 19 months both times. Enjoy the break! :D

Congratulations on a year! :happydance:

Congratulations on one year! :happydance:

I didn't get my period back until 16-17 months, so you may not get yours back for a while yet :thumbup:

Congrats on a year! My period came back at 12.5 months x

Brilliant. My little man still feeds a fair bit so think I might be able to enjoy it for a while yet x

Jealous of you all!! DD feeds 2-3 times a night and I got mine back at 7m. :(

Nipples get sooooo painful when I ovulate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->