1 year of ttc. . . does it count?

AlaskaWife

1 MMC
Reaction score
Hello Everybody.
So my DH and I have been TTC since January 1 2013 (seemed like a good time to officially start such a big journey). I stopped taking my bc about 6 months prior (though to be honest I wasn't even taking it consistently enough before that). However my libido is just not up there and despite how much we both desperately want a child, I just can't seem to force myself to be in the mood much more than usually 2 times a week, sometimes more but sometimes less. Is that enough to actually consider it even trying. I feel so bad but I can't do the deed, if I'm not in the right frame of mind, that wouldn't be fair to my DH or myself.

Anyways most resources say if you are under 35 and have been trying for a year to have your fertility tests done, does our year count? Should we get tested or just keep trying and try to BD more?

Just feeling super down at the moment. We just found out some relatives that weren't even trying are pregnant :cry: I mean :thumbs up: You know the feeling.

Sorry hun please don't feel bad. It happens to everybody.

When/if you see an RE they'll count from when you're off BC as how long you've been trying so I would say it counts. It doesn't mean you should go... just go when you're ready.

Hey girl. me and DH were TTC for 14 months and I just got a BFP tonight! so keep tryin and good luck! Also I think the key for us was to "quit" trying and just have fun!

I would say it counts but it doesn't necessarily mean there is anything wrong. Have you been charting / using OPKs? I would say don't worry either way, as even if you've had 12 cycles of doing the deed at exactly the right time and still haven't had a BFP I wouldn't automatically assume anything is wrong.
Is there something specific you are worried about? For me I always worry I don't O (I do) but in the back of my mind it's always there.
If you want to get tested then go for it, if not, give it a few more months and see what happens. Do everything when you're ready. Hugs xx

:hugs::hugs::wacko::wacko:Hi there, sorry to hear your feeling so dis heartened. When I came off bc it took me about 6 months to even get a regular cycle back, and when I say regular I say it loosely, as I have on average a 44 day cycle, which I believe is quite unusual. So dont worry it will happen for you.
Im currently ttc my second, and am very confused, as I took a hpt about 2 days ago and got the slightest faint line, but now just bfn, so maybe im driving myself crazy!!! Lol

Mylobster congratulations in your pregnancy. How exciting xxx

I wud say it counts if those times ur having sex are around o time, u only need to have sex once in the couple of days leading up to o to become pregnant so as long as u no for sure ur timing it right then yes. Last month me and oh bd 4 times the whole month but they were all before o and 1 was the day of o and one was 3 days before o. Don't feel down about it just chart and use opks so u can make those bds count xx

Hey girl. me and DH were TTC for 14 months and I just got a BFP tonight! so keep tryin and good luck! Also I think the key for us was to "quit" trying and just have fun!

I could have easily written this exact post.

14months ttc/ntnp
finally a bfp on the month we stopped trying (stopped vitamins and only bd once)

congrats :)

DH and I went through this but if it was during my fertile window we got it done lol. I hope this makes you chuckle and not think we're weird but sometimes we looked at it like that 30 minutes of exercise we had to get in even if we weren't in the mood lol. It was great after being together for 12 years to be able to make the act about creating a new life and not necessarily about self fulfillment (not implying in any way you are btw). I found the more months went by the more pressure we were feeling and it was hard to think of sex in a romantic way a lot of the time honestly.

It wasn't always a passionate affair but at the end of the day knowing we were possibly creating a new life made it special in its own way. A special thanks to preseed haha!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->