1 year today I started TTC

T

Tanzibar83

I can't believe the time has just flown by. It's been such a heartache and I can't begin to imagine how I'd feel if it took years and years. I don't compare to those who have been trying for years and still have a smile on their faces, I don't know how you do it but you're very strong women to say the least.

I have a hospital appointment on Thursday to discuss the cyst that was found over a month ago, but I'm 9dpo today and I'm feeling extremely excited and positive about this cycle so half of me is thinking the appointment won't be necessary if that makes sense.

Anyway thought I'd share that info with you girls, hope you're all well :)

I'm currently off sick today with a cold so I'm going to be sat on BnB all day!

Hi hun

thought id give you some support , the 1 year mark usually makes us all worry .Because we're told often after 12months ttc we should see gyno/FS after blood tests requested from our gp's .

I remeber getting to 1 year mark and thinking-whats wrong with me somethings wrong its says you should get pregnant within 12months if your under 35 .

first thing i did was go GP got bloods done check ovulation-great
Then came womb check by gyno-great
Then ultra sound-great
blue dye test-great
Dh/Sperm -high

So there's nothin wrong with me after all , ive learnt alot of this forum and many have took 2years and more and got their BFP .

Just takes some of us longer than others hun , Hopeeverything goes well with your cyst and you get thatBFP keep us posted goodluck babe xxx

Hey Tanzibar I know the feeling we're a year ttc next week. I never thought for one second I still wouldn't even be preg by now. But at least we know what the problem is (my pcos) and are getting treatment. I can't believe it will never happen for us....I just have to learn to be patient and it will happen when the time is right.

I know what u mean about the women who've been trying for years-you just can't imagine. But I think we're all stronger than we give ourselves credit for. And I think this forum is brilliant - I've learnt so much....even though I'm still not pregnant I feel a little bit less helpless, and know i'm doing as much as I can.

Hope you get your bfp this time round honey xxx

Thanks dizzyshell, in some ways it's a bit crushing but I'm just keen to be pregnant now, I think I've gone past the "annoyed at how long it's taking" phase and am currently in "I don't care now, just get me to the end of that 2ww with a BFP" phase!

Sneaky confession though, I told my doctor we were TTC for a year back in may when it would have been 9 months in actual fact, so I told a porky and I think even he just wanted me to be checked out. I have irregular cycles and was worried theres something wrong with me.

Anyway hubbys sperm - high,
blood tests - great (my white blood cells we're a teeny weeny (and I mean teeny weeny) bit lower than normal but I've had cd2-4, cd21, random blood tests like you wouldn't believe - they all came back great.
Hycosy - I was booked in for this but as they did the ultrasound they found a cyst hence my doctors appointment tomorrow so I didn't even have the blue dye test.

I just feel a bit helpless and it's all I can think about in the 2ww, I bet the same is for you? How long have you been trying for?

MrsG_1980 - wow, someone else who's been TTC the same as me (well ish anyway). So what happens in the laparoscopy?

Justwantababy - sorry to hear about the PCOS, how were you diagnosed? I only ask because they found a cyst on my ovary but I would have thought if I have PCOS then it would have been flagged up in the blood tests? I won't lie either, I've got terrible acne and I've wondered for years if I've actually got it. My sister had a cyst on her ovary and it burst (this was years and years ago) - but since then I've always wondered if maybe thats what I have.

After I came off the pill I had VERY occasional periods, so went to my doc. And thinking back I'd never had a 'normal' cycle-that was why I went on the pill at 17. Anyway-i was referred on. My bloods were supportive of a pcos diagnosis, as was my ultrasound scan, as were my symptoms (lack of periods). I was told you need to meet 2 of those 3 criteria to have a pcos diagnosis, but I've never heard of anyone else being told that.

I think u can have cysts without having pcos. Do you know if you ovulate?

Oh sorry...just seen your ticker....you do ovulate (good for you yippee! :happydance:)

I don't know then hon. Doesn't sound like typical pcos to me, but I'm no expert! xx

Hi ladies
I've also been trying for 12 months and never believed it would take soooo long! Its v disheartening but we need to stay strong and v positive! Both myself and partner have probs, Im not ovulating and he has high morphology. I have a hsg test in 3 weeks to see if there's a blockage before we have iui treatment.

sending baby dust to all and hoping we can share this journey together xx

Good luck in the HSG test LizMcD, let us know how it goes :)

Also sending out baby dust to you all, xx

Hi Ladies! I just hit the 1 year mark as well. I just started the fertility testing process. Had my US on Monday and haven't heard anything back yet. Waiting for CD3 to have my first blood test and DH goes for SA on the 2nd. Glad to have some ladies here on the same track as me :)

FX for all the ladies on the ltttc journey!

I remember reaching the 1 year mark too, it is hard. I hope you get your bfp soon :hugs: xx

hey navywife83, doesnt it just feel like you've been forgotten about? especially while some newbie just swoops in and BAM they're pregnant, first cycle, no trouble - I can't help this but I hate those sort of women, I really do.

Miss Zoie - Thanks, I hope you're still TTC, I don't know how you deal with trying for that long. What have the doctors said?

hey navywife83, doesnt it just feel like you've been forgotten about? especially while some newbie just swoops in and BAM they're pregnant, first cycle, no trouble - I can't help this but I hate those sort of women, I really do.

Miss Zoie - Thanks, I hope you're still TTC, I don't know how you deal with trying for that long. What have the doctors said?

I know what you mean by hating that sort of women i do, i envy them but mostly i pitty them, they will never really appreciate how truely magical pregnancy and birth really is.

There is nothing that they can do for us. DF has low motility but my fertility is fine we need IVF but they have stoped it in our area and we just cant afford it. It disgusting that money is stopping us have a family.

I know isn't it horrible that the medical world chose to milk people rather than help them? So sorry to hear it's taking you ages, did he still have low motility after taking vitamins?

I tell you what gets me are couples with kids who can easily get pregnant with more it really winds me up and I have zero happiness for them (well I'm saying that on a really bad day, maybe in a week or 2 I'll have a change of heart).

but it happened with my friend, she TTCno 2 the same time I started TTCno 1 and she went onto have a healthy boy, did I give birth around the same time she did? no but instead I got a bank statement showing all my TTC purchases (OPKS, herbal teas, HPTs, etc) for the past month which were all frigging useless!!!!!

Me and hubby have a holiday booked for November to USA, we're saving for a house and the holiday put a nice big hole on my credit card but I honestly don't care. We don't really have many breaks or luxuries and I've got to the point where I think "this is the last year it'll just be the 2 of us cause I'll be pregnant 2012, guaranteed, plus we really need to chill out, sod it we're having a lavish anniversary, F the house plans"!

I find it hard lying to people all the time, for once when my sister asks me what I've been up to I'd just love to say "well my temps went up this morning so I think I've ovulated, we had sex last night and the night before and even did it this morning to be on the safe side, oh and guess what we've been TTC for exactly 400 days, it's a landmark day so we're going out for tea tonight. let me send you a photo over, would you say this looks like egg white creamy mucus?"

but instead I have to say "not been doing much, been to yoga, tidying the flat, the usual". No one realises except you girls how much TTC rules your life.

It Dose totally take over everything. Oh i have forgotten what its like to be normal!.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->