1 yr+ postnatal related niggles

Eelis

Reaction score
Hello, feels weird posting this in postnatal as my LO is 15 months or so now but basically I've got some problems which are ongoing from my pregnancy.

I have an inflamed something or other (at the bottom of my back) partially because this part changed whilst pregnant and partially because my stomach muscles are still crap and this puts extra strain on my back (like when getting out of bed). I also have over extended ligaments in my knees - again from pregnancy. This makes my knees weak and "almost" give way sometimes.

I started an exercise regime of weights, running, walking and sit-ups. My GP has told me off and said I shouldn't be doing any drastic exercise yet but should look for pilates classes/yoga stuff like that. I can't realistically go to a class so I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a DVD or a book? GP also said to get an exercise ball to sit on as this helps with posture and will work the muscles that are weakest more gently - but where the hell does one buy one of those balls from?

Has anyone else has similar problems and have any suggestions? I really wanted to get cracking with some exercise so I can go on a beach holiday next year and look like the special k lady... but right now I feel like a cross between a whale and an oap!

There is something else too, my legs twitch constantly, I had this quite bad when I was towards the end of my pregnancy and it's not gone away, it's sooo very annoying. I am keeping a "twitch diary" for GP as she's said it could be lots of different things, do any of you have this problem?

Hi hun. sorry you are having these probs! pregnancy takes its toll doesn't it? i got the twitches (they have stopped now) but doc said it was because ds was lay on my back the whole way through my pregnancy so a nerve was trapped or damaged in the process. :dohh: my back and knees were the same as yours - but i was enormous when pregnant with him (and he wasn't a particularly large baby at 7lbs 9) - so i think the extra weight took its toll. There are tons of good yoga and pilates DVDs out there and amazon has reviews from people who have buoght them which is really helpful! Think Davina does one which is supposed to be good. You can get the exercise balls from any sports shop or Argos.
Hope you feel better soon hun. xxxx

Goold ole argos lol will have a look for a ball. Yeah my problem with DVD's is there are so many! I will have a look on amazon for a good rating one.

If I knew how that thanking thing worked I would use it but it's over my head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->