10:00 pm, is it too late for bedtime?

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Just been wondering... Josh is in bed by 10:00 every night. Would it be better to get him into an earlier bedtime?

He gets up around 8:30-9:00am.

Not if it suits you.

Caitlin goes between 9/10pm too :D

I suppose you can get your LO to be whenever you want. Jasmine goes to bed around 9 now, but I dont have the luxury of continuing to be a STAHM so I am trying to keep us on a decent schedule for when I go back in Sept.

As long as he sleeps well through the night and doesn't seem exhausted, I think it's fine.

Mia is usually asleep by 8 pm the latest, she just can't stay up past that time and gets very cranky. She gets up at 7 am. But even if she goes to bed later like 10 pm she still gets up at 7. Because poopy time is 7:30 am EVERY DAY!!!

:(

Renah goes anywhere between 10 and 11. She was going at 12:30 but I put a stop to that and now she's falling asleep in that time range.

I think its fine, whatever works for you!

We were giving Char her BATH at 10, then a bubba, then bed. She is going into the bath at 8 now, but the 10pm one was working for us and our schedule. You gotta do what works for you and your life.

I put Brooklynn down between 10 and 11 usually, she sleeps till 6 gets a bottle/boob and then back down for a couple more hours. Works well for us

I think you need to think about the future. Once he starts going to a day care and then eventually school, he will need to be up a lot earlier than that. Its probably easier to slowly change the routine now than later on. Try putting him to bed 15 minutes earlier for a week and then the next week another 15 minutes earlier. That way you won't mess up the routine.

Personally for me, I love the fact that my LO goes to bed at 7pm. It gives me and my OH some time to relax in each others company. We have to be awake early for work so him waking up at 6:30 is not a problem.

Whatever suits you hun xx Dec goes to bed at 7.30pm and I would love him to stay up a bit longer so if 10pm suits you and him then there is no problem xx

i think if it suits you and he sleeps well , i would prefer it a bit earlier , charlie goes to sleep at 8pm with his bottle but sometimes he will stay awake till 10pm i think it depends on when hes had a sleep in the day xx

Alfie used to go to bed with us whenever we went, beit 10pm or 1am as he would cry his little heart out without someone in the room with him.....but he was a good sleeper too, he would sleep thru til 2pm/3pm if you let him. And he had a good sleep during the day.

But as he got used to going to bed on his own, he now goes to bed around 8.00pm - 9pm when Jade goes. x

Whatever suits you :) Sometimes Ella has a longer nap in the day so she will get down to bed at night around 10, imo bedtime routines are alittle harder for babies as you cant say to them 'its bed time now go to sleep' :lol:

^ I dont really agree, but every baby is different, Jasmine goes to bed at 9 no matter how much or how little she has slept in the day and sleeps well every night... and she isnt even 3 months, if she doent go to bed by then she is nasty and cranky. I guess she just knows when bedtime is.

Is he grumpy in the evenings? If not, I'd say "if it works, don't fix it!"

Is he grumpy in the evenings? If not, I'd say "if it works, don't fix it!"

He's not grumpy, but like ryder says if he goes past his bedtime no matter how he slept during the day he becomes this cranky moaning baby!

Not if it works for you as the others have said. Hannah couldn't manage to stay up that late. She's cranky past 7 p.m. :dohh: So most nights is asleep by 6:30

^ so is Jasmine but she wakes up too early if I put her to bed that early, maybe in anothe month I will try 8 again. As it is now she has her last meal at 9, goes to bed and wakes at 4-5 to feed and then is up at 7.

Lola goes to bed at 10.30 p.m. It suits us perfectly and if I out her any earlier she won't sleep at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->