10+1 Weeks Pregnant New to this Site

Samantha_S

Reaction score
Hello All,

First visit to this site. I've been driving myself crazy looking up every little twinge, cramp, and headache for the past few weeks; so I was directed here by a friend. Between the lack of "usual" pregnancy symptoms, back aches and cramping, I've been feeling so anxious. I had a MMC about 6 months ago and I want everything to go well this time.... more than anything. Am I alone in feeling this way? I swear I'm going to develop carpal tunnel with all the google'ing I've been up to. Ahhh TIA Ladies!

Congrats! You are almost out of the first trimester which is a huge milestone. Have you had an ultrasound yet and got to hear the heartbeat? BTW, I am a nervous wreck as well, and I have never had a miscarriage that I am aware of. These early days are just so precarious, especially for those of us who have wished and tried so hard. :)

Hi! Yes! I cannot wait to be in the "safe zone". I did have an ultrasound a few weeks ago... at almost 8 weeks; Doc said she couldn't ask for a better ultrasound. I didn't hear baby's HB but definitely saw it during scan. I agree.... who would have thought it would be so hard to make/ have a baby. Lol. Thought it was supposed to be fun! ;-)

Hey! Im 12w3d, and I had the same fears as you (still kinda do lol)

congrats!!

That's awesome! Thanks! Congrats to you as well. Can't wait until I pass that 12 week mark. How often do you have checks or ultrasounds? My next check is as the 13 week mark but they said next ultrasound isn't until 20 weeks? Not sure what to expect they do at 13 week check?

That's awesome! Thanks! Congrats to you as well. Can't wait until I pass that 12 week mark. How often do you have checks or ultrasounds? My next check is as the 13 week mark but they said next ultrasound isn't until 20 weeks? Not sure what to expect they do at 13 week check?

I think (not 100% sure, though) 13 weeks may be a check for abnormalities. I have 2 appointments at 12 weeks, one is a tummy check, the other is an NT scan, where they will measure the neck and whatever else they do. I am not sure if the NT scan is something my doctor requested I do earlier due to my age (35 years old) but that is what I have coming up. I don't think my OB is going to do another ultrasound for me until 20 weeks.

Congratulations and welcome! It is so hard to relax when you've experienced a loss (especially a mmc because of the lack of mc symptoms that you never really trust your body again)

I know exactly how you feel - I've not had consistent symptoms so far so always panicking and googling. Had second scan at 8+5 and the guy told me to relax and enjoy it and that I have a 95% chance of everything being ok and everything looked perfect and heartrate was good and gave me notes in an envelope to give to my consultant (she was on holiday! And I opened them and it said viable pregnancy, correct with dates, hb 140bpm so I googled that and have been panicking ever since that it isn't fast enough! I literally cannot think of the positive things, I just worry there'll be bad news on Monday at my next scan! So you aren't alone - we're all a bit baby crazy! ;)

We must be due around the same time... My current due date is 12th June.

Roll on 12 weeks!!!

hi! oh my goodness i cant tell you how crazy and worried i was all through my pregnancy so far. its my first pregnancy and i had no idea what to expect! first, i was worried about my one sided pain i had every day(twice a day) from week 4-6. it made me think i was having an ectopic! i also spotted tan spots in week 5. in the meantime, i was scared because i didnt know what was safe to eat and what wasnt. i was worried if i was getting enough or too much of something. i drove myself crazy. after my ultrasound at 8 weeks + 6 days showed a baby in my uterus with a heartbeat of 174, my worries went down and i just focused on eating healthy and drinking plenty of water, and taking my prenatals. i was just worried about baby mostly. i didnt ever worry about myself. but its normal to feel the way we do because we love our baby(ies)!

I find myself worrying now because my symptoms are starting to decrease. My husband says "you worry when you have symptoms, you worry when they go away!" I got to see and hear the heartbeat at my 8 week appointment, and it quelled my fears for the time being, but there is always that nagging in the back of my head.

Congratulations and welcome! It is so hard to relax when you've experienced a loss (especially a mmc because of the lack of mc symptoms that you never really trust your body again)

I know exactly how you feel - I've not had consistent symptoms so far so always panicking and googling. Had second scan at 8+5 and the guy told me to relax and enjoy it and that I have a 95% chance of everything being ok and everything looked perfect and heartrate was good and gave me notes in an envelope to give to my consultant (she was on holiday! And I opened them and it said viable pregnancy, correct with dates, hb 140bpm so I googled that and have been panicking ever since that it isn't fast enough! I literally cannot think of the positive things, I just worry there'll be bad news on Monday at my next scan! So you aren't alone - we're all a bit baby crazy! ;)

We must be due around the same time... My current due date is 12th June.

Roll on 12 weeks!!!

It makes me feel so much better to know that other women are feeling the same way, have the same fears. I actually invested in an at home doppler thinking that would help ease some anxiety. Just got it in the mail today and tried it out.... I think I found the HB for a few seconds but then lost it again. That little "blurp" was enough to give me piece of mind for now... I want to try again but don't want to over due it. Do you have any thoughts on using one of these? ... and Yes. I believe we are due on the same day! June 12th for me as well.... almost 11 weeks. Yeahhhh..... thinking I'll feel 90 % better after 12 week mark (or next scan at 13 for me). :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->