10 mins and baby Chelsea was here!!

kristyrich

Reaction score
So I thought while I have a spare few minutes that I would write about my baby girls arrival.
It started at 9pm on wedneday 17th April (my due date) I had just laid down when I felt a little trickle. I thought nothing of it untill I went to the toilet and had a gush. That gush never stopped! So I rang delivery to let them know I had ruptured my waters and they told me to come in to be checked out.
We didn't rush around getting the kids and my bags ready as I wasn't contracting and thought it would be a while. I was quite nervous though and was shaking.
We dropped my two eldest children off at my mums and then we headed to the hospital.
When we got there, there was no bed so we walked around for an hour. I had to change twice because of my waters, lol. ( I never even wanted to get out of the car as they just kept going, lol).
Finally I was hooked up to the machine, they listened to baby's heartbeat, still no contractions!! It was probably about 4am by now. Two doctors examined me to make sure it was my waters ( it was) but said my cervix was posterior and closed. They were making plans to send me home and to come back in the next day for induction when I suddenly got some pain. Midwife checked and told me it was not contractions, just tightenings and I was not in labour. She told me she would give me morphine and keep me in for a few hours. So we decided Oh would go home for a few hours.
Oh had just left when i started getting really strong overwhelming pain that only lasted 30 secs. Midwife said once again that these were just tightenings so I thought I was just being a sook.lol. 10 minutes after that first really terrible pain and I was pushing that buzzer panicked and telling them I knew they said I'm not in labour but my body was pushing and I could not help it. With the next contractions she saw what I meant and looked down and said "oh we're having a baby!" So much for not in labour!! I was freaked out as I was on my own and the midwife was telling me to calm down, but with a few pushes, sweet baby girl Chelsea Anne was born into the world!! (18th April 2013)I was totally in love as they placed her on my chest. She was 6lb 8 and 49cm long. Just beautiful!! I did have some post partum heamoraging just like in my last labour but was soon fixed up. Reading my discharge papers it says time in established labour 10 mins! I had heard of fast labours but never thought I'd have one. Today Chelsea is 5 days old and her big brother and sisters love her to bits, as do daddy and I!

Attachments

• IMG_1358.jpg
    IMG_1358.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 15
So precious. What a shock coming so quick! Congratulations! :flower:

Wow here's for wishing my labour is just as quick lol!
Congratulations xx

wow brilliant!! congrats on your new baby she is adorable xx

Congrats!!10min wow never heard of it you very lucky.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->