10 month old and don't feel like me

Lollypod

Reaction score
Has anyone out there had PND when baby is 10 months?
I haven't spoken to anyone about my feelings but reading through the symptoms I do have a lot of them.
I don't want to see my best friends, I'm being horrible to my husband, I can't be bothered to look nice, can't sleep, cry a lot.
Just feel on my own and isolated
Any replies great fully received x

Didn't want to read and run as I have had PND but right after birth, but big HUGS to you. I have heard that what you are experiencing is very common, so it might be a good idea to speak to a friend if you can as it really can help.
It is a horrible isolating feeling, and you wonder if you will ever be the you that you once were and were happy with. I was crying every day and because I couldn't bond with my baby I wanted to just up and leave everyone and everything behind and start my life somewhere else. Or end it completely.
I only ended up talking to one friend about how I was really feeling as she had depression before (not PND) and could relate on some level so it was helpful just saying the words to get them off my chest. I didnt want to tell my maternal child health nurse because I was terrified she would report it or something even though I look after my little baby impeccably, and would never hurt her.
it has taken me almost 3 months now to feel better again. Something which has helped me a lot was I would leave Soph with my inlaws (only around the corner) for a few hours once or twice a week just so I could be on my own. I would use the time to do housework or go to the shops for a look around, or sit on my backside to watch a show i liked just so I could feel like my normal self. It gave me a piece of myself back again as well as a chance to clear my head and miss my baby, I don't know if you are near enough to available family but that REALLY helped out.
Please don't do nothing though, this feeling will be like someone sitting on your chest trying to squeeze the life out of you. Best of luck to feeling better soon xox

Thank you for your comment and sharing your story and suggestions. I think just admitting that I'm not feeling right has been a big step. Glad you are feeling much better! All the best xx

I have a bad depression issue so I may be able to relate. Im on watch for PND when my baby arrives. You need to talk to someone, it feels really scary at first but actually admitting there may be an issue is a huge step :flower: For me, my doctors set me up with a therapist who deals with pregnant women and all that comes with it. It has helped me so much! I have an issue with going outside, its a bit of a fear so when I simply cant do it I have my session over the phone. She is non judgemental, and very kind. I was also able to talk to my husband a lot about my feelings and just having him listen to me helped. Even to this day he is my go - to if I feel bad or have an episode. The more you talk about it, the easier and less "crazy" it becomes. I told my family and friends about it, and they were all very supportive and now its not an uncomfortable subject. Don't hide it, it only makes things feel worse.

I hope you are okay! I know its scary but talking to someone is the first step for sure :)

All I can do is offer hugs as I am currently still sorting out my depression as well. :( I am so sorry you feel this way, you definitely aren't alone though.
My depression didn't start until my son was a couple months old and it got really bad and is finally now really starting to improve. The thing that's helped me the absolute most is seeing a therapist. Just talking to someone and really getting everything out there does a world of good.
I used to cry every single day, almost all day, and now it's only a couple times a month.
It will get better, hang in there and talk to someone because that really helps! It's tough and I felt very isolated as well but hang in there because things do get better. :hugs:

Hi there,
I first went to the doctor and had pnd diagnosed when my baby was 14 months. For me,looking back, I had some features of pnd all along after my baby was born. However, things became suddenly worse when my baby was around 13 months because my parents went overseas and didn't come back, so I felt like I lost my only support network.
I have been seeing a psychologist and find it helpful. I'm not on anti depressants.
I hope you go see a doctor to get some support.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->