10 month old still having four bottles is this wrong

Discussion in 'Weaning & Nutrition' started by cherdueinfeb, Jan 24, 2011.

1. cherdueinfeb

cherdueinfeb Member

Hi

My little girl is 10 months old and still having four bottles of formula. She is eating three meals a day and enjoying her food. On a good day she will have a max of 20 ounces of milk over the day but usually its more like 16-18. I was told she would drop one of her bottles naturally but this hasn't happened and I am having a crisis of confidence and feel like I am doing this all wrong.

Just wondered if any other babies had still been on four bottles at this stage. Any advice appreciated. She also has a dairy intolerance so I cannot give her things like cheese etc to top her up if that makes sense

Any advice appreciated.

2. ke29

ke29 Well-Known Member

i thought at that age that milk is still their main source of food and food food is to get them used to it so I think you continue to feed milk on demand.

3. OmarsMum

OmarsMum Well-Known Member

Hi hun, she needs 20 oz at 9+ months. 18-21 is the average. It doesnt matter if she's taking 3 or 4 bottles as long as she taking the amount recomended for her age. The amounts she's taking are great for her age.

4. mandzzzz

mandzzzz Well-Known Member

My LO still has 4 bottles

5. Seity

Seity Mom to Gabriel and Samuel

Only 4! We do 6-8 a day.

6. XfairyhopesX

XfairyhopesX Mummy to my Pixxie & WTT

aiden has 4 BIG botts a day and could have more im sure xx

7. Kelz22

Kelz22 Well-Known Member

That sounds about right what your doing hun.My LO is 11 months old next week and he has 3 meals a day and still has about 21 oz of milk a day.xxx

8. Hannah's Mom

Hannah's Mom Mommy of 2 gorgeous girls

that sounds about right Lily has about 32oz per day split between 4 bottles x x x

9. lanaross

lanaross Mom to Bella and Greyson

I didn't know they are supposed to drop bottles -- the amount is correct as girls said it should be 18-24 oz per day when on three meals. Isabella sometimes refuses a bottle after her first nap but most of the time she has four bottles.

10. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

That is around the same as Anna took at 9/10 months.

Now at age 1 she is on 3 bottles - maximum of 15oz a day (and thats including milk in cereals)

11. cherdueinfeb

cherdueinfeb Member

Thanks so much ladies for all your replies. It's just sometimes health visitors make you feel like you are doing it wrong or I doubt myself as this is my first child. It took as ages to get into a routine as she had bad reflux at the beginning. We went out with lots of other mums and babies the other day and they all had their lunch at midday whereas we do lunch at about 1-1.30 at the mo and it really made me doubt what I was doing.

Ellie 27 can I just ask approximately how old Anna was when you made the switch to 3 bottles.

Many Thanks

12. ellie27

ellie27 Well-Known Member

Anna was on 4 bottles totalling about 18oz til around 10.5 months.:flower:

13. bubbles123

bubbles123 Well-Known Member

I would say it's the amount of milk that's important not how many bottles they have it in. So 3 or 6 whatever, as long as they get their 18-21ozs.