10 month old still having four bottles is this wrong

cherdueinfeb

Reaction score
Hi

My little girl is 10 months old and still having four bottles of formula. She is eating three meals a day and enjoying her food. On a good day she will have a max of 20 ounces of milk over the day but usually its more like 16-18. I was told she would drop one of her bottles naturally but this hasn't happened and I am having a crisis of confidence and feel like I am doing this all wrong.

Just wondered if any other babies had still been on four bottles at this stage. Any advice appreciated. She also has a dairy intolerance so I cannot give her things like cheese etc to top her up if that makes sense

Any advice appreciated.

i thought at that age that milk is still their main source of food and food food is to get them used to it so I think you continue to feed milk on demand.

Hi hun, she needs 20 oz at 9+ months. 18-21 is the average. It doesnt matter if she's taking 3 or 4 bottles as long as she taking the amount recomended for her age. The amounts she's taking are great for her age.

Only 4! We do 6-8 a day.

aiden has 4 BIG botts a day and could have more im sure xx

That sounds about right what your doing hun.My LO is 11 months old next week and he has 3 meals a day and still has about 21 oz of milk a day.xxx

that sounds about right Lily has about 32oz per day split between 4 bottles x x x

I didn't know they are supposed to drop bottles -- the amount is correct as girls said it should be 18-24 oz per day when on three meals. Isabella sometimes refuses a bottle after her first nap but most of the time she has four bottles.

That is around the same as Anna took at 9/10 months.

Now at age 1 she is on 3 bottles - maximum of 15oz a day (and thats including milk in cereals)

Thanks so much ladies for all your replies. It's just sometimes health visitors make you feel like you are doing it wrong or I doubt myself as this is my first child. It took as ages to get into a routine as she had bad reflux at the beginning. We went out with lots of other mums and babies the other day and they all had their lunch at midday whereas we do lunch at about 1-1.30 at the mo and it really made me doubt what I was doing.

Ellie 27 can I just ask approximately how old Anna was when you made the switch to 3 bottles.

Many Thanks

Thanks so much ladies for all your replies. It's just sometimes health visitors make you feel like you are doing it wrong or I doubt myself as this is my first child. It took as ages to get into a routine as she had bad reflux at the beginning. We went out with lots of other mums and babies the other day and they all had their lunch at midday whereas we do lunch at about 1-1.30 at the mo and it really made me doubt what I was doing.

Ellie 27 can I just ask approximately how old Anna was when you made the switch to 3 bottles.

Many Thanks

Anna was on 4 bottles totalling about 18oz til around 10.5 months.:flower:

I would say it's the amount of milk that's important not how many bottles they have it in. So 3 or 6 whatever, as long as they get their 18-21ozs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->