10 months since cominh off BCPs & still long cycles - anyone else?

melon#1

Reaction score
Hi all,

Is anyone else in same boat as me? Came off BCPs in April & on cycle 3.

Cycle 1 Ovulated on day 42

Cycle 2 Ovulated on day 44

Cycle 3 Ovulated on day 29

Hoe annoying is all this? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx :dohh:

Hi Melon, didn't want to read and run. I came off BCPs in June and didn't have a period for more than 3 months and then only because I went to the doctor and she gave me medication to make me have one. I can understand your frustration!! My understanding is that it can take a while for your body to get back on track as far as your cycle. Your last cycle looks promising though!! Good luck sweetie!! :dust:

Hi Melon,

Yes I'm in the same boat as you! Came off BCP's in April and took me 4 months to have a period, since then my cycles have settled down to about 47 days.

I had my first postive on OPK on Monday, so just keeping my fingers crossed for B:bfp:!

Have you been to visit your doctor for any advice?

Good Luck!!!!!!!

hi hun, im in the same boat as well. i came off b/c sept of 08 didnt have a cycle untill about may 09( only bcuz i was put on progestrone to start it) then i was going back and forth from 55 days to 15 days and starting june of this year im on a 55 day cycle and dont know when or if i O

Hi Melon, I'm also in the same boat. Came off BCP in May.
Cycle 1: 41 days
Cycle 2: 120 days

Currently on cycle 3 and FF has ovulation day as day 32 making me 5 dpo at the moment(not so sure though!) so will wait and see what happens.

It's so annoying....:wacko:

Your chart looks pretty good though so fingers crossed hun!

i have heard that alot of the time if you have loooong cycles then you wont ovulate has that been true for any1? i ask this because i dont know when or if i do O because of constant cramp like feeling due to adenomyosis

There was a ttc buddy section where someone got there BFP on cd100 an odd cause of long irregular cycles, few ladies on here have gotten pregnant with ovulating real late!!

So it is defo still possible to actually ovulate late and still get pregnant!! Ladies with pcos have long cycles and manage to get pregnant so its defo possible!!

Its just the chances in a year is less for someone with long cycles to have a chance of getting the eggy compared to ladies with a 28 cycle!! There prob get 12 chances a year where as ladies with long cycles may only have 6 chances a year to catch the egg!!

My cycles are over the air still after stoppin bc last August they been from cd33 to cd65 i was on bc for 12 years, i just hope the settle back in time..

xx

true, thanx it gives me a little hope. so i could of O already and not know it and probly wont know if im PG for a while after because of my long cycles. do you know how they do the EDD because of having a 55 day cycle do they still go off you LMC? only about 10 days to go before i start a new cycle(or not)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->