10 week ultrasound question

She had the cord round her neck and was in distress so wasn't getting enough oxygen, they wanted to just make a tiny scratch on her head to take a sample to see if she had enough oxygen but they decided against it!

I'm not sure hun, over here in the UK they only scanned me, didn't check cervix or anything. Xxx

She had the cord round her neck and was in distress so wasn't getting enough oxygen, they wanted to just make a tiny scratch on her head to take a sample to see if she had enough oxygen but they decided against it!

I'm not sure hun, over here in the UK they only scanned me, didn't check cervix or anything. Xxx

That sounds so traumatic. Sorry u went through that. I feel bad being nervous before my appointments. I'm very grateful Burnside very scared at the same time. I read so many posts with women miscarrying from early on all the way to birth day on this forum. Paired with the negative thither they've told me I just feel so bad depressing myself over this. I try my hardest not to be anxious, But it's very hard and overwhelming at times.

Sorry this post wasn't directed towards u. Just talking to myself.

Have any of u ladies been nervous or scared before an appointment?

I had one miscarriage and I told them I didn't back when I was 4 weeks. I was actually really depressed then because I was in the er and she told me I was going to miscarry and really didn't feel like answering her questions as she was smiling while telling me this. Horrible doctor. Anyway. They don't know. Is it important I tell them? I figure there are many women who get pregnant and don't know it because they think they are having their period. I guess my situation wouodnt be any different. It was very early on. .. I think I'm thinking too much. My appt is at 10 in the morning. I will update on this thread in the morning. Have a good night ladies

So was 5-10 min late for my appt. (Walking slow and vomiting on the way there caused this delay). I was given a heads up that this ob was strict and rude and might not let us get an ultrasound. We went in, and the first thing she said was I would have to come back in 2 weeks because she does not have a full 40 minutes anymore and she needs exactly 40 min. I said Ok because I didn't have the energy to assume anything else. I was actually crying while I was in there because I wasn't feeling good. She asked what was wrong and my hubby attributed it to us being late,although that's not why. Anywho she said we could get an ultrasound and that's it. She tried fro abdominal and said she couldn't see anything and then said we were doing vaginal. She was very rough and actually hurt me. Anyway, it lasted for like 1 min and she gave me pics and said Ok see u in two weeks. I told her I had more questions. I asked. Can u tell me what the baby's heart rate is.. can u tell me if he or she is on track? U haven't said anything. She said. Ur baby is fine. I then asked her about my meds n stuff for my low storage blood. She told me she would answer me in two weeks. I then told her my gyn told me to mention my vitamin d deficiency. She said ur fine. She then gave me a hug.. told me not to cry and walked out. Appt lasted 4 min total. I'm a bit angry right now. I left and didn't go to get my blood work done or urine sample. I'm ready to go home.

Wow. Just wow. Is there anyway possible to request a different Dr?

What?!
Have you for scan pics hun?
Feel so bad for you! I hope your next appt is better! X

Would you like to schedule with me for ur next appt Since I now know you?

I look at my husband while saying ummm

"Ok Great. I will just write u an appt with me for a week n a half"

After the next appt, I'm going to join a group where women with the same due date as me all have the same appt and same Dr and meet after and talk. She will not be the ob. I'm trying to be patient
Wow. Just wow. Is there anyway possible to request a different Dr?

What?!
Have you for scan pics hun?
Feel so bad for you! I hope your next appt is better! X
Yes. I will share when I get home.

I had abdominal at 8+3 so I should think by 10 weeks it won't be internal x

Honestly, it sounds like you have some awful doctors. I had to get internal ultrasounds at least once a month while going to an RE for infertility issues. They never hurt or were even uncomfortable. That's awful how she treated you. (Although, my doctor office does have a sign that u/s are scheduled for 15 mins and if you are late you basically have forfeited your appointment) I probably would have rather her cancelled than treated me like that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->