10 year old out of control.

L

LoisP

Right, so firstly, this is about my youngest sister, but i'm the one who has to put up with her shit nearly all day while my parents work and I look after her, collect her from school..etc
Well, she's seriously out of control. She hits, screams, swears, makes up lies for attention - the whole "She hit me" crap, she's bitten herself before and said my brother did it, she's also lied that my OH called her a C U NEXT TUESDAY which he really wouldn't, and tbh i have no idea where she's learned that word, probably school.

I need help, how do you handle a child like this. I've tried the ignoring method, but she'll follow me around screaming at me for hours when I do this. Also, punishment : e.g: confiscated phone, ban from the computer for a week, groundings... never works. She shrugs, and claims she "Didn't want it/didn't want to go out anyway" :dohh:

So, any advise?

Does she do this to anyone else or at school? Because it sounds like an attention thing. Whether it's a positive or negative response it's still attention.
When she does positive behavior don't ignore it- explain how you're supposed to behave- because treating people that way isn't socially acceptable. If she hurts you- she will end up hurting her friends someday and eventually she will grasp it's incorrect.
Always follow thru with punishments- and make her actions have huge consequences. She may say it doesn't bother her- but surely it does.
Remove all of her toys from her room and make her earn them back with good behavior. Or other privileges. But still praise good behavior.
Perhaps getting her involved with studies or reading or sports so she can learn team work. Of course if this is all within your means.
Good luck :) I want kids but the ages 5-13 scare me haha.

Thank you! this is going to sound terrible but shes doesnt have any good behavioyr to praise! and she is like it at school but not as much. Ha, it scares the hell out of me my son will be that age lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->