10 years, 8 failed cycles. What do I do now?

MagicStorm

Reaction score
Hi. I'm new here. Fresh today with the pain of yet another BFN.

Story goes (sorry if it gets rambly!)

Met partner (now DH) at age 15. Fell pregnant at 16, had an early m/c. Split up and went our seperate ways at age 18.

New partner at age 21. Move in together etc, all going great.
No luck trying for a child, tests on him show no live sperm in his samples at all. Servere varicocele discovered.

Surgical sperm removal followed (under Local!) and then 4 rounds of ICSI (3 fresh 1 FET). No problems discovered with me, good response (15-20 eggs each time) but terrible quality embryos and awful fertilisation rate (approx 20%) Only ever had 2 cell embryos to put back, and all -ve results.

Drifted apart and went our seperate ways at age 27.

Rekindled very old relationship with ex (who I had the m/c with) and became a whirlwind romance with proposal etc in December 2007.

Fell pregnant in March 2008, sooo happy!
One week later rushed to hospital in agony. Finally diagnosed with a ruptured ectopic and internal bleeding, emergency surgery followed.

Surgeons removed left tube and found right tube to be badly twisted and scarred, probably from an old infection.

Was advised IVF was the way to go.

Got married end of 2008 and went right into IVF.

Made stunning little blastocycsts, top grade, one put back and one frozen. BFN.

Was offered immune testing (level 1 and 2) and went for it. Discovered protein C, killer cell and MTHFR issues.

FET in 2010 with immune treatments, chemical result.

Tried again, another full IVF with immune treatment, had 2 perfect little blasts put back (now allowed 2 due to sheer number of treatments) and got our BFP!!

Amongst a lot of bleeding and pain and confusion and a whole mulitude of tests and tears, an ectopic was found at 9 weeks. Not growing but not dissolving either.

Finally decided that tube was more trouble than it was worth to keep and begged the surgeons to remove it and they did, this was March 2011.

Fast forward to now, just had an FET with 2 more, this was a 3 day transfer as they were frozen early due to sheer volume of embryo we had. Good quality and as of today with AF, BFN.

So what the hell do we do now?!

Had a consultation with ARGC in London the other month, and was not impressed. I know they are meant to be the best in the UK but well they didn't act that way to me.

I don't really know what I want from posting here, just if anyone has any thought or ideas or anything at all then please post?

I feel so damn lonely in all this

MS x

I am so sorry to hear about your BFNs and all you've been through. I know no words could really console but I just want to say that I hope you keep holding on and don't give up as I know how much you'd love to have a child and you'll get there eventually. Stay strong and positive. :hug:

Hang in there. I wish you all the luck!

I don't have any actual suggestions, as I live on the other side of the world.

My, my, you've been through it all eh! Jings, I don't know what to say other than if you want to keep trying you should. I would probably try again, if I had the money and emotions left.

With the immune fresh cycle you did get your bfp, just shame you still had that tube and caused the eptopic.

FET are said not to be that successful so fingers crossed if you did another fresh cycle with no tubes to cause an eptopic, you hopefully would get your LO.

You're certainly some lady to go through all of that!

:hugs:

Oh gosh Magic, what an awful journey you poor thing. :hugs:

Have you thought of Dr Gorgy? It's very early days for me but he's worked a mircale. Google him and see what you think. He's a maverick and things can be a bit dis-orgainsed but if you want and belts and braces approach he's your man. I can't recommend him enough.

Didnt want to R&R - i am only begining my journey so cant even begin to imagine the pain you have suffered! however if i could afford to and was not advised otherwise by a medical professional i would try again until the little miracle happens. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->