Im not too sure what advice to give you , my daughter is 3 also , and she knows the difference between 'private parts' , but doesnt really comment on it nor plays around down there.

No advice but got to laugh at you OH in the doc's with her :rofl: my OH would have died! XxX

She's probably old enough for you to start explaining that her private parts are private and that she should only speak about them when you're not in public. You could also start letting her know about good touch bad touch and when it's ok to show her private parts and when it's not eg in the bath, at the doctors etc.

I had to laugh at her in the waiting room!

yeah-i'd try to explain when is appropriate to look at/explore her bits, and when to keep them private ie when out!

keely.

Ahh I used to babysit a 3 year old who was obsessed too. Only she used to go so far as bunching up a blanket & sitting on it and...you know the rest.

Was she recently potty trained? Girls tend to become interested after their potty trained

Ahh I used to babysit a 3 year old who was obsessed too. Only she used to go so far as bunching up a blanket & sitting on it and...you know the rest.

Was she recently potty trained? Girls tend to become interested after their potty trained

oh, that reminds me-my niece went through a stage of trying to 'hump' peoples legs...rather embarassing for my sister at the time. she was like a little dog lol.

awww ur poor OH lol, i wouldve had to have a little giggle if i was there though i must say hehe

i agree with what everyone has said, u can let her know she cant shout it in public without making her think its dirty or anything :)

x

How funny! Funny from the outside, I could imagine I'd be mortified if I was the parent with her when she's shouting!

The absolute worst moment for me in childcare was when a 3 year old girl started playing with herself during story time. I noticed and as I was VERY new to the job, I just didn't know if it was my place to stop her so I went on reading my book to the children. She was wearing a skirt and had pulled her knickers the to side and was inspecting herself in detail! She then discovered the hole... and... started crying "theres a hole in my bum, theres a hole in my bum" getting more and more distressed about it!

My brilliant attempt to comfort the distressed girl was to say "no theres not, put it away" :dohh: she got more and more upset until one of the other women who had worked their longer took her aside for a quick chat!

I still have no idea what I'd say in that situation again... it was so awkward!:blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->