10wks Pregnant and no symptoms. Should i be worried?

Periwinkle58

Reaction score
Ive never had a single symptom this entire time. It's so bad that i still haven't even believed I'm pregnant. No nausea no bump no sore breasts, absolutely nothing. I found out at 3 wks due to my late period and then at 6wks I had an ultrasound and everything was perfect. They saw the heartbeat but didn't hear it because it was too early. I haven't been back to the doctor since.

Is this normal? Is everything okay or should I be worried I miscarried and don't even know yet? My mother had 5 miscarriages and she never knew until they did the ultrasounds weeks later. I don't know what to think at this point. :shrug:

The presence of morning sickness provides a slight improvement of odds on a healthy pregnancy, but it is FAR from a guarantee. Many folks have MS up until the day they miscarry or discover their missed miscarriage. Many folks have no symptoms at all and have perfectly fine pregnancies.

I've seen a lot of numbers quoted, so this one is debatable, but the other numbers are all pretty close. But anyways, something close to 80% of women will experience morning sickness. That still means 1/5 women don't experience morning sickness, and proceed to have perfectly normal pregnancies. You're probably just part of that lucky 20%.

Even the odds of a missed miscarriage are really low, so chances are great that no bleeding and cramping means no miscarriage.

I can totally understand your worry, I'm over here freaking myself out about everything. But honestly, if you've started this pregnancy without symptoms and it's still that way then you may just be very lucky! I'm sure everything is fine. With my DD I felt queasy once or twice but overall never felt pregnant until I started growing a bump well after 14 weeks. When is your next appointment? I would discuss it with your doctor to help ease your fears but I'm sure it is all ok.

I had a little bit of nausea with my first pregnancy, was very tired, and sore breasts. This pregnancy, no MS, no nausea, no tiredness, but my breasts do feel sore and heavy. I am not complaining that I have been feeling great but I know the lack of symptoms can be very worrisome. I was the same way. I just had an ultrasound on Monday at 12+2 and all was well!

Try not to worry too much. Like the pp said, sometimes women just don't get morning sickness.

I had it bad with DS1, none but 1 week with DS2 and didn't even know I was pregnant until 6+ weeks. With this baby I've been super sick up until about a week ago and still I get bouts of nausea at times in the morning.

When do you go back for another ultrasound? Maybe your doctor can get you in for one for peace of mind?

Thanks, I'm probably worrying over nothing. I've never had any spotting either so that's good. Next week I go in to do the free cell DNA blood test but my next ultrasound isn't until December (at 20weeks she said). I'm going to ask if there's any way I can try to hear the heartbeat when I go in next week. That'll at least ease my mind for the time being...

I had virtually no symptoms with either of my first two pregnancies and both turned out completely fine. I was terrified throughout, though, so I totally understand your concern. I was constantly wishing I would feel sick to get some reassurance. Try not to worry, as many women have no MS and healthy pregnancies. I think it's more concerning if you have symptoms that suddenly stop than if you never have any. Plus when you see a heartbeat at 6 weeks the risk of miscarriage drops considerably! My doctor told me to 3-5%, so try to take comfort in that and be thankful you don't feel like crap!

My first pregnancy symptom was at 17 weeks when he kicked. I found out I was pregnant before 4 weeks. Count yourself lucky you have no symptoms.

Once you have seen a heartbeat the odds are in your favour for delivering a healthy baby. Yes, MMC exist and they may seem common because you read about them on forums but they are extremely rare when you compare them to the number of women who are pregnant and carry a baby full term.

Hey everyone thought I'd give an update. I went to the doctors today to get the harmony test and she also did the Doppler and we were able to hear the heartbeat :) so I guess everything is okay and I'm just lucky to not have any symptoms!

I'm glad everything is OK! I know it's so hard but do try to relax and enjoy your pregnancy! I'd give anything to not have had morning sickness since week 5, wouldn't wish it on anyone! I'm never going to take feeling well for granted again!

Hope the rest of your first tri passes smoothly! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->