11 days over.... induction friday :-/

Ktooty

Reaction score
HELP! I was due on the 21st May and am now 11 days over due... which I know happens and although frustrating I accept! however I am terrified of the idea of induction - I keep hearing horror stories about it being more painful and lasting longer for first time mums and that even once induced it could last for days :( is this true? any first time mums have a positive experience? I'm all for being prepared for the worst but my tummy is currently in knots!!

:hugs:

I know how you feel, I was induced when I was 10 days overdue with my first baby. I actually went into labour quickly and made good progress, the process started at about 10am and I'd had my baby by 5pm.

I managed on just gas and air throughout the labour, with my second baby I ended up needing an epidural so I would say my induced labour was easier. Try not to worry, it's not always awful :hugs:

There's a thread for overdue May babies too if you want to say hello!

Hiya, I haven't got any advice I'm afraid, but I am in the same boat!

I was due on the 24th May and am having an induction on Sunday if nothing happens before then, I am also gutted about this!

I've read through the birth stories and have searched for positive induction stories and there are some to read which I found helpful,
Thanks Scruffer, it's nice to hear a positive story,

Good luck Ktooty, hopefully we will both go into natural labour before then, fingers crossed...x

Thanks Ladies! Sorry to hear you're in the same boat scoobymum, fingers crossed that baby will make it's way in a couple of days! I'm feeling like induction is inevitable at the moment but still got a day for things to start on their own :)
Scuffer it's so nice to hear something positive so thank you!! Here's hoping our experiences are similar :)
x

I know of someone who was induced in the morning and had no problems and delivered a healthy baby 15 hours later. She used an epidural too (which I have heard can cause complications) and they didn't have to use forceps or any other things (other than her pushing!) to get the baby out.

My doctor is saying that I might have to get induced too so hopefully there are some more positive stories. :)

I'm also 3 days over! Read all the drifts on being induced and don't fancy being strapped to a monitor all day so I've opted for a c-section! Which I am sooo relieved they've said yes to! Being as I thought they stopped it! So by night fri she will deffo be here :) an I'm happy with going over due now x

I dont think they would let you be in labour for days following induction hun usually after induction if things arent preogressing they will try something a little stronger to get you going maybee break your waters then if nothing they will do c-sec thats how my hosp workit anyways but i have noticed hospitals in differant areas vary with their care proceedures. Maybee see your mw in clinic or give her a call and ask her to explain what will happen with the induction and give you sort of step by step what they will do
good luck hun i hope you can get things started before friday xx

Hi! I am 40+9 and booked for induction tomorrow. Have had an induction before. I remember that with my last induction i got sick of the monitoring and told them that i did not want it any more. They made me sign a consent form but stopped the monitoring. Also if labour is proceeding well then c section isnt something they will look at. C sec is the last resort if both mother and baby are tired and distressed from a long labour.

My mum was induced to have me (30 years ago!). They told her that she was an 'old' mother (as she was nearly 32, haha) and that they would induce her last as her labour would probably be longest and she'd be more likely to have complications. They induced her at 12.30pm - and I was born at 4.10pm before any of the ladies induced before her had had theirs! She didn't have to have prostoglandins (not sure they did that 'back in the day') but had her waters ruptured and also had to be hooked up to a drip, which I presume was that synthetic oxytocin stuff :) So her experience of induction was fine :) I am worried about being induced too though, if I go overdue :-(

I'm 40+10 today and have an induction booked for Tuesday. Really wanted to use the pool and dreading being hooked up to monitors. :-( come on Bubba you have 3 days to get a wriggle on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->