11 Days Overdue with 2nd Baby.... Really worried and stressed now... Any advice....?

jobiem

Reaction score
Hi... Today I am 11days overdue with my second baby. My first baby was 9 days late but decided to then come naturally with no sweeps etc. With this baby I have had two sweeps, the second done yesterday, but all they have done is give me some slight cramping that eased off.

Im booked for induction Tues and i am really scared about this as have heard it is not meant to be that nice, plus im now worried as had a growth scan two days ago as MW said i was measuring small however the scan estimate baby to be approx 9 pounds (although I know this is still an estimate) and like my first baby he has quite a large head. Im worried now what if induction doesnt work or if i cant get him out, im terrified to having a c section plus how would i cope afterwards as my hisband needs to work or will not get paid and my family live miles away. Really stressed and worried and just want this baby out now as hes been in there long enough plus they say my fluid level is on the low side and my placenta is maturing so im worried about him being inside but im also worried about getting him out! Just want to cry now :-( xxxx

Oh, I have this fear too and I'm not even officially in third tri yet!

I don't know if it's any consolation at all, but my mother was 19(!) days late with me. I came out healthy at 9lb 6 oz and it was a totally natural, home delivery!

please don't panic too much.

My first was induced at 14 days late, but took another 4 days before she was born, so T+18 in total

my second was induced at 14 days late, but took another day before he was born, so T+15 in total

my third, my water broke at 9 days late, but no progression so I had to be induced anyway and he was born at T+10

I've never had a c-section, and my kids are all fine.

It's not the end of the world being overdue or having an induction x

Try as much as possible to be active may be baby will get tired and find exist.
Do not panic as this can raise yo blood pressure, which is not good at this stage.
Be positive just believe in whatever yo dr is advising you and its all for having your baby in your arms.
Wishing you all the best dia. Xx

Well at this point baby needs to come out. It's not even good for baby to be in there thus long. Don't worry about the induction, you need to get things moving one way or another! Gl!

I had an induction when my waters broke and contractions didn't start and I was 9 days late. It was fine, I wish I could relive it! Many babies are born late and many mothers go over 42 weeks. If they feel your placenta is maturing and they need to get baby out then induction is the best course of action. Absolutely no point worrying and stressing as this will make labour worse and it's in fate's hands! You've still got a day or two, you could also ask to move the induction date back to weds, to see if anything happens by itself.
I know its frustrating. Try to keep calm, well hydrated and take a few gentle walks. That baby will come when it's ready xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->