11 days postpartum - after section - some questions

LogansMama

Reaction score
I don't know if I should be worried or not. I had a c-sec 11 days ago. Have been feeling pretty good - very minimal pain - hardly any bleeding.

Today I woke up with a pain in my side and my bleeding has gotten heavy and red again. Not super heavy - but heavy enough to need to switch from just liners to real pads again.

Have I just been doing too much and need to chill out - or should I phone the doctor?

The pain is not horrible - I took some of my meds and feel good now - but its just odd that it came back out of nowhere. And the fact that my bleeding increased has me a little freaked out. Its Saturday - so don't want to make a big issue if its nothing. If it was a weekday - I'd just go ahead and call to be sure.... why does this crap always happen AFTER hours?? LOL.

I'd call if your worried. My blood loss after my section was really minimal most days then randomly would be very heavy. My midwife said after a section around day 10 the blood loss can get alot worse but not to worry. xxx

I would call right away, or go into the ER and have them check you out. I had this with my first, and it turned out to be a uterus infection. No real pain, just alot of bleeding.

normal post natal bleed can tether off then kick up again its very normal or it could be your first period after birth, are you BF ?

Thanks ladies. Its def not my period... I'm only 11 days pp and ex bfing. :) Kitty - if what your MW said is true, then I guess its normal since I'm on day 11.

If it gets worse or anything though - I will call just to be sure. Just taking it easy for now.

It is normal for a BF mum to have large amounts of blood loss, this is due to your uterus contracting as you feed. After every feed for about 8 days i had quite a gush of blood as soon as i stood up. Remember is you had had a Vaginal birth there would have been a lot of blood loss during labour, obvioulsy having a c section you didn't have this.

I experienced the same thing after my section... I freaked because it suddenly got worse one day. My dr told me to call if the pain got worse, but that the increase in bleeding for a day or two was normal. Hope you're enjoying your little one!! :)

i had this happen after both of my c sections. it happend with my second one a few times. i never had any infections or anything like that so i assume its normal. you could call the er and see if they think you should come it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->