11 Week Scan Q

cflower04

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a scan in the morning and I'm wondering do I need a full bladder? I was told to drink a liter of water before my 8 week one but no one said anything this time. Last one was a private scan but this one isn't!

I should mention, last time I was pretty uncomfortable and the tech doing the scan commented on how full my bladder was. She took the necessary measurements but allowed me to go to the toilet before printing pics and talking in detail to me! The fun of it all!

Not sure.. I've always thought you had to have a full bladder before 15 weeks gestation. That's what it said on my hospital letter as it pushes up the uterus making it easier to see. My bladder is always uncomfortably full lol to the point where I could wee myself but I don't think you need to go overboard just enough. :)

Yeah you need a full bladder for 12 week scan but not really neccesary after 15 weeks. The full bladder lifts the uterus and makes it easier to scan x

They say just one pint of water will do ! Just get a bottle of water start sipping it for hour before your app up till u go in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->