11 weeks and can't find heartbeat on Doppler

iwantababynow

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm doing my best not to get worried as I know is that they are really hard the find this early but I found my last baby's heartbeat at 8 weeks and could find it easily by 11 but I've been trying for hours everyday with this one and I've found nothing, has anyone else had this and it been ok? Also I know it really early but I'm almost sure I can feel slight movement t that could be baby?? Anyone else had this?

I didn't find my oldest until 14 weeks, then found my second at 8w, didn't try early on with my third, but I found my fourth at 8w, then my fifth (current) at 14w, even though I'd started trying at 8w! It was really worrying, but I'm 32 weeks along now! With some of my babies, I felt them before I could get them on Doppler. I hope everything is all right. It depends on where baby is, where the placenta is, and tons of other factors. That's why doctors don't usually try before 12 weeks on the Doppler.

Thank you that does make me feel a lot better! I guess I'm only a little bit worried as my symptoms suddenly disappeared one day but I'm almost sure they did the same thing in my last pregnancy but I could find the heartbeat then, only a week till my scan ��

I didn't find a hb on doppler with my second until 13 weeks, and even then it was difficult. He liked to hide. My girls on the other hand didn't seem to care if I found them or not. This little guy I'm carrying now they told me they wouldn't check at the doctor's until at least 12 weeks because of the chance of not being able to find it.

I was 17 weeks before I could find my son on the Doppler lovely. I'm a big girl so that would obviously contribute to that but all it takes is Baba to be in an odd position and that will affect how easy you can hear them.

Please try not to panic, this is the reason I won't be getting a Doppler this time around tbh because I did more harm than good to myself when I didn't hear him x

mine hides at night but i can catch it in the morning. sometimes it moves straight away and other times it is fainter than others. probably hiding behind the placenta. roll on scan day ay x

Perhaps your baby is hiding in a different spot to the last, and your placenta might be forming at the front. At my 16 week midwife appointment with my first the midwife couldn't find the hb with her doppler. All was fine, baby just had loads of room to hide even at that point. 11 weeks is still very small. I can understand your worry though! I would be the same.

I am the same. 11 weeks and cant find the HB

I had a scan 2 days ago and I know baby is OK but I still can not find HB on my Doppler. I might just return it...not sure yet. I actually ended up with a really sore spot from trying to find it so often.

Another scan in 2 weeks.

Thank you everyone I'm trying not to panic I have a scan on Tuesday I'm really nervous I will update on here good or bad I think I found something that sounded like a train but was only 120 BMP so I'm not sure I wasn't mine ��

I didn't find a hb on doppler with my second until 13 weeks, and even then it was difficult. He liked to hide. My girls on the other hand didn't seem to care if I found them or not. This little guy I'm carrying now they told me they wouldn't check at the doctor's until at least 12 weeks because of the chance of not being able to find it.

Ohhh this is interesting I'm really hoping for a boy as I already have 5 girls lol maybe boys are more shy? :winkwink:

I was only able to find mine at 16 weeks on the dot. The midwife was able to find it at 12 but it took a while. I knew from this I must have an anterior placenta and sure enough when I got my 20 week US I did. Try not to worry, I know it's easier said than done. I kept trying every week or so but once I found it I could find it immediately every time.

I found mine at 12 weeks but it took me ages! Remember baby is lower than you think, I kept finding HB near my Minnie moo lol

I'm a student midwife and we find the heart beat maybe 50% of the time on clients who come in at 12 weeks. It's highly variable based on a number of factors. It is recommended that you don't use home dopplers because they aren't as reliable and aren't as regulated as medical dopplers that are used sparingly.

Thank you ladies it's just my lack of symptoms to worry about now! I've decided to put the Doppler away for a few weeks. What will be will be no matter what I do ��

I am the same. 11 weeks and cant find the HB

I had a scan 2 days ago and I know baby is OK but I still can not find HB on my Doppler. I might just return it...not sure yet. I actually ended up with a really sore spot from trying to find it so often.

Another scan in 2 weeks.
I have a sore bit too 😥
Do you still have your symptoms?

Very easy not to find the heartbeat, the midwife couldn't find it at one of my appointments and sent me for an emergency scan - I was 20+ weeks so even then it can be easy for baby to get in awkward positions.

thank you for your replies ladies I think its properly over now though I am having period type backache and cramps and just now I have started bleeding, I will still be attending the scan if I make it til tomorrow to see exactly whats happening but not much hope left, I just feel so sad, you think after you see a heartbeat at 7 weeks everything is going to be ok :(

Just updating in case anyone is googling in future, I just had my 12 week scan and baby died at 9 weeks weeks thank you everyone x

Just updating in case anyone is googling in future, I just had my 12 week scan and baby died at 9 weeks weeks thank you everyone x

I'm so so sorry :cry: :cry:

Please look after yourself...our thoughts are with you at such a horribly sad traumatic time....... :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->