11 weeks bleeding, scan tomorrow (tmi warning)

star_faces

Reaction score
Don't really know why I'm posting, feel scared and sad, could do with some other peoples experiences or... A hug would be good!

I went to the loo on Saturday about 5 and sound I was gushing bright red blood (sorry tmi but when I stood up to wipe it ran down to my knees) was very scary. Anyway went to see a doctor got to see him at 9 he checked me over and said he was happy I would be ok but I would have to wait for my scan to see what was happening with baby. He then re arranged my appointment from Friday to tomorrow so I don't have to wait that long.

I stopped bleeding like that about 10 that night since then it's just been brown spotting until I went to the bathroom just and wiped, it was all black and sticky, bit like tar.

I feel a little better typing it all out, what do you think should I keep hope? :shrug:

I've never had this experience, so I can't offer any advice but I am hoping all goes well for you!

Some women get bleeding during pregnancy that can be caused by various things and baby is ok, I had a big bleed at 20 weeks last time and all was ok but they never knew what caused it. I really really hope this is the case for you Hun, I know it's hard to stay positive but try to stay as calm and relaxed as you can. Praying all is ok for you Hun :hugs:

Im scared also. Im 5 + 4 and have had brown spotting. This is an ivf pregnancy so while inserting my progestetone pessary I noticed that my cervix is very low and soft. Im so scared but have yo wait until next monday for a scan when ill be 6 + 3.

I had bright red bleeding at 8 weeks and 10 weeks and everything turned out fine, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that everything will be ok x x

I had a bit of a bleed (not as bad as you've experienced) at 11 weeks I also lost my plug. I had my scan a few days later and baby was fine. he's a pretty active baby at night at the moment and gives me some awful heartburn and backaches.

the brown blood will be old blood, as for the black tar like substance I have no idea what that could be. As long as you've had no cramping then everything should be fine.

Star-Hang in there. I know blood is scary but I can tell you from experience that it doesn't always mean the end. DD turned 2 this fall and I had a bleed with her at 8 weeks. With my current pg, I've been spotting off and on since 5 weeks but u/s show bubs is fine. We aren't sure where the blood is coming from but if there isn't any cramping, the bleeding might not be anything other than a scare.

Miasmom-one unfortunate (and often disregarded by the dr) symptom of progesterone supplements is spotting. Especially if you are using the pessiaries or suppositories...The progesterone irritates the cervix, hence the spotting, and it's more common when you are inserting the supplement so close to the cervix itself. I take the oral supplements, and I've had spotting nearly every time I've taken it. Brown blood is old blood too so it might just be old IB that's just now worked it's way out.

I'm 11+5 and had brown spotting over the weekend after a bowel movement - really freaked me out. When you say you went to the loo was it for a wee or bm? I have been really constipated (is anything tmi anymore?!!) and the midwife thinks the spotting came from pushing too hard during my bm (!). Tbh I still feel fairly worried and am preparing myself for the worst at my scan on Friday but that's just me!

There have been so many posts on here about people bleeding loads and having clots and pain and baby is absolutely fine. Will keep fingers crossed for you xx

Not exactly the same but while pregnant with my son I had a massive bleed at 16 weeks, similar to what you described. It was a gush of red blood which also soaked through my jeans and ran down my legs. I was blue lighted to hospital but they couldn't find anything wrong, just one active baby waving back at us. At my 20 weeks can the sonographer said my placenta was a bit low so that could've caused it. I carried him to 42 weeks in the end and had a pretty textbook pregnancy. Try not to worry, it could just be a low placenta moving up or something. Let us know how you get on.

Oh, here's your hug too ... :hugs:

Thank you for all the messages, it's really helped me feel stronger.

So sorry you are going through a similar thing miasmum, I hope it is the suppositories and not anything else x

I know what you mean about nothing being too much information anymore! Yes I have been very constipated and did go to the loo for big business the time before the tar like clot thing so fingers cross it was that! (It's a weird world there you hope that you strained too much and made yourself bleed.... Odd!)

Thank you again x

Good luck! Thinking of you both. :)

Just to add to the tmi and constipation, after my bleed at 20 weeks they suspected I'd strained to hard but couldn't tell but I had just been to the loo before I noticed the bleed as well. Fingers crossed it's just something like that for you and good luck tomorrow.

I had an unexplained bleed at 12 weeks gushing bright red blood and had lots of cramping. Everything turned out ok. my bleed wasn't quite as bad as yours, but close. They never did find a reason, but we had an ultrasound that night and she was just dancing around having a good time completely oblivious to what I was going through. Hoping everything is just fine for you.

I'm off for the scan now, it's been a long few days, thanks for all the support x

Good luck. I've had unexplained bleeding in both of my pregnancies. It's terrifying but hopefully not bad news. :hugs:

It sounds like something to do with the placenta to me! as if something was wrong it gradually gets worse and dosent stop, but it did stop with you. I had a bleed at 7/9/11 weeks with DD and that was gushes of blood, and shes now a perfectly healthy 'nearly' 2 year old. I think you will be fine doll x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->