11 weeks nothing on doppler

mumaoftwoboys

Reaction score
has anyone else NOT been able to hear their babys heartbeat with a Doppler? My midwife couldn't find it today which has me panicked as my nausea seems to have died off today and I could hear it with my last child this early. I am told I have a tilted pelvis - maybe this is the case?
Can someone please reassure me this can be normal...

I couldn't find my daughters till 14 weeks

At 11 almost 12 they couldn't find mine with a Doppler had to send me to get it via ultrasound

Same story here. When I was preggo with my DD at 11 weeks Dr did not hear anything so he sent me for ultrasound and there she was, extremely active! He didn't hear anything till 16 weeks

I tried this weekend & still couldn't find it! Don't worry it's still early!

My midwife was surprised she could hear mine at 11+5, she told me not to expect anything. So that seems pretty normal! Understand your worry though..good luck!

Well I confess I've tried today even tho am only 8 weeks lol it was fun trying

I hear such a wide variety of stories as to when you can hear the HB on a doppler. I have the Sonoline B and I was able to hear the HB for the first time at 8w4d I believe. But it was hard to find it. The HB could be found in the same spot every day up until about this past Friday. I about had a heart attack searching and searching. Until my DH decided to have a go at it. The baby had shifted to right smack in the middle of my tummy below my belly button (before LO was tucked wayyyyy off to the left side). So now I know where to find the HB.

I guess what I'm saying is, it takes a lot of time and a lot of patience to lay there and search (and search, and search and search!!). Now I can find the HB within a minute, but before I was searching for 20-40 minutes each time!

Oh, and I do it with a pretty full bladder (helps bring baby up a little closer to the surface). And I use Aloe Vera gel instead of buying the doppler gel which is expensive. Once you find the placental heartbeat, baby should be near by. Use tiny movements and angle the wand in all directions in the same location before moving on. Good luck!

And don't worry, there are a ton of stories out there with people not being able to find the HB with the doppler to until much later on. :hugs:

Mine was super easy to find at 9/10 weeks, then at 11 weeks my uterus tipped backwards. Now its incredibly difficult to find and very faint when I do find it.

First baby my MW couldn't find it at 16 weeks but was fine on the appts after that.
Second baby a different MW couldn't find mine at 16 weeks again, until I pointed out where to put it, and she found it fine then. Later in that pregnancy my other midwife couldn't find it at 24 weeks. I was just told not to worry each time lol. Luckily I had my own Doppler so wasn't worried at all!

I'm the same I can't find the hb too, and my symptoms kinda gone today apart from tiredness and a nose bleed but it's still scary as I found dd at 9 weeks, my mw said they won't find the hb until 16 weeks as she would be sending all the ladies with no hb to a&e I guess it's normal, but I'm still searching everyday :)

I just got my sonoline b doppler today and it took about 20 minutes to locate it. I had just gone in for my appt yesterday and so knew nugget was okay but got frustrated because I just couldn't find it. I had to point the wand down towards where I imagine my cervix would be. Nugget was really low around my bikini line and kind of hidden. I am guessing that if I had tried a week earlier I wouldn't have found it at all and my baby is very forward facing and should be easy to find.

I tried during the week and I still can't find the heartbeat... baby is snuggled towards the back of my uterus so maybe that's why! Not panicking though because I saw it beating away at 8 weeks and everything has been fine since then! Can't wait for my next scan on Monday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->