11 years later, finally TTC #2!

JellyPickles

Reaction score
I've been stalking here for about a year now and decided it was finally time to stop being a big chicken and actually post something, so... hi! :wave: A little about me, DH and I had our one and only child 11 years ago when I was 19. Been impatiently waiting a loooooooooong time for the right time to have a second, and we're finally financially stable enough to do so! Yay!

I'm pretty nervous about TTC though. We were basically NTNP for 11 whole years without any other pregnancies, so I'm worried that something could be wrong. I've never been on any kind of birth control, but we did occasionally use other methods of prevention. We also hit a rough patch a few years ago where we weren't doin' it much at all. We're in a MUCH better place now, but DH works nights and I work days, so I only get to see him/BD two nights a week best case scenario which would make a spontaneous pregnancy difficult if not impossible due to timing. Because of those factors, I'm trying to stay optimistic about my chances at getting knocked up quickly, but it still makes me worry. I mean after 11 years surely we'd have had at least ONE scare if nothing was really wrong, right!? :nope:

I turned 30 years old this year, which is something else that I worry about. On top of that, I'm close to 60 pounds overweight, but very healthy aside from that. I've never had any health issues related to my weight, and my periods have always been very regular (didn't chart at all until recently so I don't know for sure but they're always around 30 days apart). Basically I don't have any reason to worry that anything is wrong with my fertility, but I still worry. I've put myself on a strict diet/exercise plan and started charting this month. We're officially NTNP still, but are going to start really TTC in two months. I figure that will give me time to really commit to the diet/exercise, and also give us time to finish paying off the last of our debts. (So long, car note! Muahaha!)

I started charting this cycle so that once we really get heavy into the TTC, hopefully I'll know what I'm doing. I've read a lot on the subject and I thought I was pretty well prepared, but now that I've actually started charting, NOPE! Totally confused. :shrug:

Thanks for reading my novel. Phew, it feels good to finally post something here! I'm glad to be here and hope to be chatting with you all lots soon. :happydance:

Hello and welcome to BnB even though you've been hiding for so long hehe :)

All I can say is good luck hun, I'm sure if you go over to the TTC / NTNP forums they will be able to give you a lot of help. I'm sure many women on here have been the same as you and will be willing to help you out. :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->