11DPO spotting/light period, temp dip

Kekome

Reaction score
Hello Ladies! My DH and I have been ttc for 6 months now, and it's been more difficult because I am extended breastfeeding.
Prior to becoming pregnant with the first DD, I had a normal 28 day cycle, now my first PP AF was at 18 months PP. I ovulated once in August, had 2 days Luteal Phase, then AF came. After that, I had an anovulatory cycle in September at 31 days long, then break through bleeding in the middle of Jan, then a serious full on AF in the middle of Feb. OPK and BBT confirmed I O'ed 3/22.
My temps went up and up further above the cover line then stayed there for a few days, and fluctuated a few. Then 8 & 9 DPO I slowly went down to just above my cover line, then on 10 DPO I went 0.1 below my cover line. On 9 DPO I woke up with some brown spotting, and it continued throughout the day, no cramps or pain, just some very light spotting. 10DPO I was sure that AF officially started because the temp drop 0.1 below my cover line, and the continued light bleeding and cramping began. However, by the end of the day, the cramping didn't get really bad but stayed the same and the bleeding didn't go to medium/heavy flow like a normal AF for me. Then this morning I woke up and expected a full pad, but only spotting over night and the big question: my BBT jumped back up above the cover line! I tested this morning BFN... I used a cheapo Amazon test though...

What is going on? Is this AF? Today the cramps are barely noticeable. And I'm bleeding less and less. Also, this last time when I wiped there was a lot of mucus- it looked like EWCM along with the dark blood on the same tissue. I can't find anything online about whether it's normal for the BBT to increase above the cover line once AF has officially started. I've seen others ask similar questions as me, but no follow up resolutions. I promise to put my official status for all other wonderers out there once I have my answer!

My mom said she had 3 day periods every month when she was pregnant with my sister and didn't find out for sure she was pregnant until the doctor did a blood test @ 5 months- her urine tests were all BFNs. My cousin (mom's side) just said that she had monthly periods with her first pregnancy until 7 months! Is this a familial abnormality? What the heck? Ack!! I know truth be told that answer is to wait it out and see what my temps do, but I'm hoping for some other responses from people who have had the same scenario as me.

Love and baby dust to you all! TWW sucks!!! Lol

I'm not 100% sure but I don't think temps rise back up over the cover line after "AF". Honestly, it sounds to me like you are pregnant xx If the dip the other day (and the spotting) was implantation, it will take around 3-5 days to turn a hpt positive xx Good luck sweetie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->