12+5 and bleeding.

podders91

Reaction score
I'm 12+5 today, and have been lightly bleeding for an hour or so.
I called my Dr's as soon as i knew and they told me not to stress about it as there is no action they can take until they have my 12 week scan on file and pregnancy is confirmed viable and healthy(!)

apart from go to A+E, (where last time i was booked in and seen by a triage nurse, then given paperwork for an appointment for a scan in a week to "check that everything had passed", they didn't even check if i was definitely miscarrying!) is there anything i can do? how likely is it at this point for this to go wrong? i've had several mc's before but all have been before 8 weeks. i've not got this far into a pregnancy apart from my daughter who i lost at 28 weeks, so i'm a bit scared now, especially since my Dr has pretty much said anything after 12 weeks is nothing to worry about (despite her knowing about my late loss!!)

sorry it's long, i don't really know what i'm asking. advise? reassurance? not sure.. don't know where to start as i don't seem to have a lot of medical support...

I personally have not been through this (@ 12 weeks), but what I can tell you is that even though bleeding can signify miscarriage, it can also signify other less serious issues. Your best option would be to lay down, put your feet up and try to relax. I know its hard. If it gets worse, drive your doctor crazy until they give you the treatment that you deserve. Good luck hon.

Hey hun.
I had bleeding and clots at 12 weeks with cramping. Went to hospital and Baby was fine, but had a low lying placenta that covered my cervix and caused the irritation. Basically an early previa. Was put on pelvic rest until the placenta moved up as uterus grew. The bleeding pretty much stopped over a week or so and we got a healthy baby boy a few months later.

Fingers crossed all is well for you.

thanks both :)
it's almost stopped now, was very light and pinkish, and my Dr (after finally listening to me properly) has told me to take it easy but come in monday for a scan to check everything is ok. fingers crossed. all i can do right now is try and relax.

I hope everything is all ok on monday. Have you been scanned already this pregnancy? Glad your doctor saw sense and arranged a scan! xxx

I hope everything is all ok on monday. Have you been scanned already this pregnancy? Glad your doctor saw sense and arranged a scan! xxx

thanks :) i've been scanned at 6+2 and 8+2. ( i was meant to have a 10 week as well as high risk but they missed that one :growlmad:)

only a couple of hours before i go for it. i'm still scared but my bleeding has stopped and no pain so fingers crossed that it's all ok :)

Glad the bleeding has stopped, hope everything is okay with your next scan XXXX

Any updates? Thinking of you ♡♡♡

How did the scan go? Thinking of you xxx

Any updates? Thinking of you ♡♡♡

sorry ladies, haven't been on til now.

everything is fine :) measuring right on target.
there's a small clot around the edge of the placenta, but the midwife reckons it will either absorb or make it's way out eventually, and if it happens, i'm not to panic as it's expected.

so relieved that everything is ok.
the bleeding was because of my APS, which i'm on blood thinners for, so it increases my risk of bleeding if the placenta shifts even slightly :/

So glad to hear everything worked out for you hun! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->