12.9 progesterone. Can pregnancy stay alive??

Discussion in 'Two Week Wait' started by Brittles, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Brittles

Brittles Well-Known Member

I am 7 dpIUI and just got my progesterone check. it was only 12.9 and doc is putting me on suppositories 2x a day. Anyone else have some insight on this? is it super low? too low to keep a pregnancy going?

2. Chook

Chook Well-Known Member

Didn't want to r and r but I'm not sure. Good luck to you! Hopefully somebody can put your mind at ease. When I had a chemical mine was alot lower if that helps!

3. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

This is so odd..i just finished writing in my thread about going to get on prgesterone cream because I had my levels checked 2 months ago and they were 11. It means I ovulated but he was concerned that they were low. I just watched a video on youtube that this woman just found out she was pregnant and her levels were at 11 as well. Her doctor said her levels were fine and not to worry but that if she wanted to not worry so much that she could take progesterone supplements.

4. Brittles

The thing I have been seeing is there are 2 different ways of measuring progesterone. 10 on one scale - 31.8 on the other scale!! That may be whats happening!!:nope::sad1:

5. MsLesley

MsLesley Well-Known Member

Oh I didnt know there was different scales? Because of your reoccurring mcs...I think you should get on prgesterone cream just to be on the safe side. Theres also something called Maca...google about it and its benefits. I took it and it helped me so much. I stopped taking it about 3 months ago..and just decided to start taking it again today. Women take it up until their 12th week of pregnancy to stabilize hormones including progesterone. I take 1 tbsp a day.

6. Brittles

my doc prescribed some suppositories. And I have some leftover cream, so I think I am gonna use it too...