12 DPO BFN but metal taste past 2 days...

Zuri_89

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm new to the forum but have ready many helpful posts on here over the past fews weeks. This is our first month trying and I've had a lot of possible symptoms that I have so far successfully ignored but the past two days I have had a metal taste in my mouth which started after I got up and persisted all day.

This morning (12/13 DPO) I tested as I had BFP dream but got a BFN or a VVVVVVVFL depending on the light but counting it as a BFN.

Anyone else had / having metal mouth and still get a BFN? Would love to hear your experiences.

AF is due in 1-2 days so I'm thinking I'll test again once it's at least a day late...but argh so frustrating this TWW.

My other symptoms were tiny pulling cramps from about 4 DPO onwards, one electric shock like cramp behind belly button at 10 DPO, the odd hot flash in the evenings from about 5 DPO onwards and white creamy CM. Also felt like there was something in the way in my tummy on certain yoga positions.

IMG-9005.jpg

Hi hon I had that metallic taste at about 7DPO and I tested and got a BFN.
But at 11DPO I got a BFP on clear blue but was v v v faint. I did a first response early response on the afternoon of 11DPO and I had a strong positive. The Clear blue (the same as ure test) I did with FMU and it was so faint it was hard to get it to show up on a photo. Still get the metallic taste here and there now.
I also had those pulling sensations u describe at 6 to 10DPO.
I noticed an increase in CM as well.
Ure symptoms are sounding very much like mine b4 I found out I was pregnant.
Good luck hon.
Also try testing in the afternoon or the evening because I always found my FMU really rubbish.
Good luck hon <3

Thanks for your input Suggerhoney, I was so convinced it would be positive this morning after having the metal mouth. Yesterday I put it down to taking my pre-natal on an empty stomach, which I don't usually do but this morning it happened as well even though I didn't take a pre-natal at all so FX. :yellow:

Good tip on the afternoon urine, I was wondering whether I need to try that since my symptoms also tend to start after I get up. Will try in a day or two with a FRER if I can find a shop that sells them here and update!!

BTW Congratulations on your BFP Hope it's all going well and that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy! :dust:

BTW Congratulations on your BFP Hope it's all going well and that you have a happy and healthy pregnancy! :dust:

Thank you hon. Yes I'm just over 17 weeks now so nearly at the half way mark. But I will be having Baby around 37 weeks maybe a little earlier because I'm very high risk pregnancy due to having a liver transplant in 2011.
I also had pre eclampsia and cholestasis with DD and I'm at a really high risk of developing that again this time but hoping it will hold of until I'm 33 weeks just so it's safe to get baby out if they need to.
Did u re test

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->