12 month old biter

dragonfly26

Reaction score
looking for a little advice. My youngest just turned one and she bites. My other two never did this and I'm not sure how to handle it. When I take her out she is always interested in the little ones (smallest ones in the group) and she gets aggressive trying to get to them. And a lot of the time She says hug and acts like she's going to hug them but in the past she did that and bit someone in the face while hugging them and on another occasion she did it and bit someone in the chest while hugging them. Not that it's ok, but luckily one was my nephew and another a good friend . I'm not sure what to do about it. Every time she gets close to someone I'm afraid she's going to bite them. Then when I try to redirect her to something other than the kid she throws a huge fit. For example I take her to story time and there is a little girl about her age and she is constantly trying to get at her but I don't even want her to go by her for fear she will hurt her. She is a little lover and rarely ever bites her sisters and randomly will bite me and I tell her no. By not sure how to let her safely play with other peoples kids, if that makes sense. any advise would help.

No advice hun sorry, maybe try giving your health visitor a ring and see if you can get some advice!:hugs:

Hi

My lo was like this it was so stressful. It's was all out of excitement which made places like soft play and parties etc really hard work. She just b lined for kids. We had to helicopter parent which was frustrating. With my lo she grew out of of it around 3 I think.
She's so loving now and then you wouldn't believe it. She just wanted to be close and give them a kiss but couldn't express herself well and ended in an excited bite and a strong hug. I found all I could do was make sure I didn't send her into these situations tired or hungry. I gave her lots of crunchy foods like it was a sensory thing. A lot of role play and showing how to do little kisses mouth closed. Dont worry it will pass just stay consistent and stay calm don't over react even though easier said than done, time outs worked well but literally just had to ride it out. My dd is very kind,strong willed, confident and very sociable she just needed a bit more guidance than her peers in that area. I feel your pain it's nothing to do with parenting it's just some kids are wired to do it and others not x

My boys went through a biting faze, they did it when fighting over toys, however they did it to eachother not other kids. Instead they always got bit by other kids at daycare (where they picked the habit up from). I immediately put mine in time out for it and that seemed to work fairly well until they grew out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->