12 months breastfeeding! want to wean

smawfl

Mamma of 2!
Reaction score
Yippee we got to one year!!

We are on just 2 feeds a day now - morning and before bed

I'd like to switch to cows milk now. How is best to do this? Which feed to switch first?

Yay well done for getting to 12 months! I have no advice but good luck x

Hey hon, congrats on one year! :happydance:

Do you think she'd be willing to try cow's milk at a different time of day and then you could replace the BF when she is comfortable with cow's milk? That's what I would do as a more gradual approach. But if you'd like to go straight to replacing one of the feeds, I'd start with the morning feed since she won't be needing the comfort as much then, just the nutrition. I've been giving a mix of cow's milk and EBM for the first feed most mornings for a couple weeks now and it's been fine.

Thanks seaweed!

I have tried offering cows milk in the day and she's taken it, just not much but perhaps it's because it was usully after a meal.

Just managed to give her cows milk for her morning feed. No searching for boob!

I usually bring her straight to our room and she's pretty much pulling my top down to feed but took her downstairs to warm the milk instead and think the distraction helped

Distraction is definitely the way to go. Your lo seems quite easy going, i dont think it will be hard to wean her. Mine was completely boob obsessed and when i decided to wean her at 16 months i had a couple of nightmarish days but after a week she had forgotten all about the beloved boobies. She didnt drink much milk at first, i just made sure i gave her plenty of cheese and yogurt but now she has about 500mls of milk a day. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->