12 months ttc #1 - really need some encouragment.

jenners45

TTC #1
Reaction score
About a year ago dh and i started ttc, we just started with bding whenever and waiting to see what happened - nothing :-( The last 6 months I've been monitering cm, using opks, tracking using FF etc and we've been trying to time things right, but its just not happening. And more recently dh has struggled to finish a couple of times. I really wanted to keep things as natural as possible and just assumed it would be easy. I'm really disapointed that it hasn't and I feel so stupid that for so I long i tried to prevent pregnancy especially as it ultimatly put my health at risk - I developed a serious blood clot from being on the pill. Anyway i just get so jealous when all my friends are having babies, and they ask when are we going to have one. (like its something everyone can do just like that!), or mother-in-law tells me I shouldn't wait too much longer (i'm 29!), or my collegues make jokes about it, I laugh along but inside its killing me. Sorry to moan, and if you are still here thanks for reading, I just needed to get stuff of my chest. :(

:hugs: I'm so, so sorry for your pain, jenners! I hit my 12-month mark yesterday, so I'm feeling nostalgic and sad and slightly bitter along with you. (And I'm 29 as well, so that big 3-0 looming doesn't help anything.) I totally agree that it's awful there isn't more knowledge about the negative side effects of BC, and I'm sorry you had to go through the clot.

I wish I could give advice or hope or any of that, but the super lame thing about TTC is that we're not in control. And it's awful. But know that whatever you're going through, all the ladies on the B&B boards are willing to listen and sympathize (and throw water balloons at all those pesky pregnant 20-year-olds. Because obviously. :) ).

:dust:

I feel you, took 4 years, 2 ectopic pregnancies, 3 surgeries, an hsg procedure and Clomid for us to conceive our dd, but she was worth every but of it. I'd suggest calling your ob and starting up on the path to get a little help. For us we just needed the hsg procedure (they push dye through your tubes under an x-ray to make sure your tubes are clear) and one round of Clomid. Dh never had to go get a spare count.

I would like to tell you though, dd is 12 weeks old and I found out yesterday I'm pregnant again! Total surprise. My Dr warned me it can happen fairly quickly after giving birth, no matter how many issues you had with #1. I didn't believe her and didn't get any birth control lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->