12 week scan - a bit worried

Mummy_Mac

Expecting 2nd
Reaction score
Baby's heartbeat was seen and baby was wriggling around like crazy but they said baby is measuring small for dates and i have to go back next week to do the measurements again - i am really worried about this now and cannot get it out of my head that something is going to go wrong. :cry:

Has anyone else had this and everything has been ok? i think i need some reassurance.

Did they give you an indication of how many weeks baby is measuring? Try not to worry. It could be that you ovulated late or didnt get pregnant as early as you thought you did. xx

Didn't really have much to add just didn't want to R & R on you. I tend to have the opposite problem in pregnancies where my baby is always measuring too big....to the point that they have to really keep an eye on it. Good Luck and try not to worry!!!!

I was put back a week at my 8 week scan, but the EPAU had no concerns. It's probably just a case of late ovulation. As your baby was active and healthy just look at it as exciting that you'll see your LO again next week, which can only be a good thing.

as someone said the dates could of been wrong so baby isnt as old as you think or your baby could just be a slow grower and should catch up as the weeks progress i know my friend had a slow growing baby after her 12wk scan baby always measured a wk behind then at 30wks baby had a growth spurt

Surely if you seen a heart beat and the baby was moving around that must mean all is fine?! i would of thought so anyways

thanks ladies i am probably worried about nothing but everything was going so well i think i got a bit cocky that it would be fine today - i am about a week behind dates but it was more the sonographer getting me worried about the measurements - she even said out loud that the nuchal thickness was a bit high and she was concerned - she went and got a more senior sonographer who came in and said that as they could not date baby correctly i would have to come back next week - i was so worried by that point that i completly freaked out inside - i was trying not to freak out hubby who has not seen bubba since 6 weeks so it was a big change for him and he was really enjoying it - i am a big girl so i am just hoping it is cos i am over weight that the scan was a bit crap and that next week it will be better.

I knew being plus size it would create issues but i thought this would happen later rather than this early especially as i have lost weight due to loss of appetitie - sorry to be a moaner i just don't want to freak out hubby unnecessarily just yet.

xx

Fingers crossed that your next scan is better x

I'll give you three pieces of hope and hopefully one of them will ease your mind!

1. With this baby, at my 7+1 scan, baby measured 4 days behind (by ovulation), but if they used LMP, it measured 8 days behind. By scan 2, one week later, baby measured 2 days behind, and by scan 3, baby had caught up.

2. My coworker today who is 28 weeks pregnant said her baby has been measuring on the smaller side her entire pregnancy. Baby is VERY happy and healthy, just a little smaller!

3. I read a woman's post two days ago who said that her NT scan had a higher reading, and her daughter was born perfectly happy and healthy with a very very chubby neck!

Hang in there!! xoxo

The measurements can vary a lot depending on how the angle of your uterus, how baby is positioned, etc. At my 12 week scan my LO had a measurement range that went from right on target to up to 5 days ahead of schedule, so I don't see why measuring a little behind would be a huge concern - clearly there's some variability. Plus there's always the possibility your original dates were a little off. No need to worry yet! :hugs:

Thanks ladies

I think I got comfortable that things were going ok and then it threw me for a loop!!!

Wow, I could have wrote your post! I had EXACTLY the same last wednesday, went for my scan, basically said sorry baby is too small come back next week and that was it! Had a week of feeling sick with worry, thought 'thats it, my baby is gonna die (so dramatic I know) went back yesterday and everything is completely fine!!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->