12 week scan... Confused....

Crazycolours

Reaction score
So I had my 12 week scan today.. Everything was perfect & I'm absolutely thrilled however slightly confused and wondering if anyone could shed some light. I was dated at 12 week 3 days but EDD is 25th July ??

If I'm 12+3 I should be due 28/07 & vice versa if I'm due 25/07 I would be 12+6 ??

I mentioned it to midwife as this calculation came from the ultrasound machine.. They just thought I was nuts?

So I had my 12 week scan today.. Everything was perfect & I'm absolutely thrilled however slightly confused and wondering if anyone could shed some light. I was dated at 12 week 3 days but EDD is 25th July ??

If I'm 12+3 I should be due 28/07 & vice versa if I'm due 25/07 I would be 12+6 ??

I mentioned it to midwife as this calculation came from the ultrasound machine.. They just thought I was nuts?

your due based on the ultra sound... all others are random educated guess work

A 3 day difference is within the margin of error of measurement. So your due date is not different. Don't get hung up on your due date, you'll deliver whenever you deliver a couple of weeks either side of it and rarely on the day. To give an example, my LO measured 6 days behind at 12 week scan, 7 days ahead at 20 week scan and he was born at 41+2 after I was induced. A small difference like you got really means nothing.

due date is only really an estimate anyway as you are classed as full term from 37 to 42 weeks xx

Where did your due date come from? For instance, when I was pregnant with daughter my EDD came from my LMP, so my scan measurement and due date never matched up bc baby measured ahead. Or if due date came from a previous scan, like an earlier dating scan, then it could be off. In my case, the actual ultrasound machine never gave a due date, just a dating of the pregnancy. Not sure how it's done where you are.

The measurement of 12+3 and EDD came of the sonographer screen today & is printed on my scan picture. I understand dates fluctuate scan to scan but both bits of information was from the same scan... I'm not worried just confused me & was curious

Basically off my 12+3 scan they have estimated my EDD at 39+4...

I thought EDD was always put at week 40

That is strange I'm 1 day ahead of you and have a due date of 27th July so your right that it should be the 28th if you are now 12+4 by scan x

Ye I agree you're right! It won't matter anyway you'll deliver when you deliver :)

It's probably just some mistake but it doesn't really matter, a few days is neither here nor there, especially at this early stage, as the baby grows dates move based on average sizes. And EDD is exactly what it says, Estimated Due Date, it seems a lot of people take it as an exact date and get frustrated when they go over it by even a few days (not talking about you OP but you see this often with women getting really worked up from EDD onwards, when it is just a rough date anyway).

Thanks girls. Yeah I'm not bothered about the EDD makes no odds to me haha I just wanted to know which one I go off as they don't match lol.

Eh well not to worry lol x

That is strange I'm 1 day ahead of you and have a due date of 27th July so your right that it should be the 28th if you are now 12+4 by scan x

Hi baby tots.. I was just reading your thread about gender predictions. My scan too was at 12+3.. What's the theory behind being able to tell gender?

Hi hun I don't know a great deal about it but I'm learning. The nub theory is based on the angle of the nub which eventually becomes boy/girl parts I think. If it points up at a certain angle then it's a boy and if it's flat and in line with the spine then it's a girl. There is also the skull theory girls are much rounder boys are much squarer. I don't put too much hope into it all though just a bit of fun guessing to pass the time lol. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->