12 week scan doesnt look right, to me. Opinions?

Jess19

Reaction score
I had a 12 week downs syndrome testing scan earlier today.
I never asked any questions, the tech wont say/tell me anything anyways.
Every pic from any angle the babys spine looked....weird. like not a smooth curve or even line. Every pic looked like the ones here.
I called and asked the nurse when I could expect the dr to look at it and they said it could be like a week or more :(
Am I over reacting or does it look weird?
[URL=https://s1219.photobucket.com/user/Icca19/media/20140429_205049.jpg.html][IMG]https://i1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd425/Icca19/20140429_205049.jpg[/URL][/IMG]

I see what you're saying but I'm no expert. I would think though that if the tech saw any red flags they would say something or bring it to the attention of your doctor. I wouldn't think a doctor would wait a week to look at something if they were alerted to a potential problem. That's my thought anyway...

I cant see a hand or arm in the place i would expect to in this position so to me it looks like the arm may be lifted up and baby might have their hand behind her head so the white point you can see under the head would be an elbow, which would explain why the line that appears to be the back is uneven because some of it is back and some of it is the line of the arm. I'm no expert either but thats what it looks like to me. They usually have a good look at the spine during the US so would assume anything major would have been noticed and mentioned.

I wouldn't worry...I know the waiting is hard, but honestly, I had a bunch of ultrasounds and they ALL looked weird to me. It's really hard to interpret them without training, and if there was something seriously wrong I expect your doctor would have been on the phone with you within a day or two of the scan.

Looks like it has it's hands up behind its head to me Hun, very cute! I'm sure everything is ok :flower:

Agreed, looks fine to me.... Eeeeek!! Beautiful baby! <3

Usually if there's a problem, the Dr will contact you within a day...no more than two. If they noticed anything off then they'd alert your Dr right away.
try not to stress until and unless you're given a reason to.
good luck :)

Looks like an elbow to me. Baby is chilling out with their hands behind their head

Thanks girls :hugs:
I got a call from the message center from my drs and they said everything looked good :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->