12 week scan heart rate of 188?

pandi77

Reaction score
Hey all! Everything looked great on the scan and the baby measured one day ahead but we were sort of surprised that the baby's heartbeat was 188? The tech said it's fine but I didn't see the doctor or I may have inquired a bit more about it as that seems rather high? She even took it again and it was the same. For whatever it's worth the baby was very active doing headstand spins and flips like a sea monkey so maybe that had something to do with it. Anyone have a heart rate that high around the same time? I attached a pic of one of the few still moments lol.

Attachments

• fp.jpg
    fp.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 15
HB has been high 170's low 180's for the last several weeks. I'm 12w 2d, but am measuring 13w right now, and yesterday the HB was 181.

HB has been high 170's low 180's for the last several weeks. I'm 12w 2d, but am measuring 13w right now, and yesterday the HB was 181.

That's good to hear! I'm not freaking out or anything but had heard the hb slows down a bit by now and bubba's hb is crazy fast lol.

Aww, cute! I think 188 is fine, though I'd probably end up asking the doctor anyway. haha When do you go in for your next OB appointment?

Aww, cute! I think 188 is fine, though I'd probably end up asking the doctor anyway. haha When do you go in for your next OB appointment?

Thanks and January 7th! Trying to keep a list of questions as it's a few weeks off.

Awww lovely scan pic pandi! I'm sure the heart beat is fine :) my sonographer wouldn't even measure mine! Lol

As he/she was exercising I'd be inclined to assume that was the reason :D Gorgeous!

I don't know anything about hb's yet as I have never gotten that far but according to the other girls that have posted yours isn't that far off from theirs! Looks super healthy to me!! Congrats Pandi so happy to see that bubs!

When I had my 12 week scan her heartrate was 165 while she was sleeping.Whren she woke up and started bouncing around it was 188. :)

aww gorgeous. ..

just randomly I think you are having a boy

Haha I have been wondering and will find out in about a week but am busting at the seams to find out. Thought maybe that was a leg but it crossed my mind!

Just wanted to agree with the other ladies. All my babies have had high heart rates and it's totally normal. Especially when they're being active. I had my 12 week scan this morning and I think baby's heart rate was in the high 170's and was being very active.

When is your next scan pandi? I have to wait till 20 weeks now I think. Boo! Maybe I'll buy a Doppler :D

When is your next scan pandi? I have to wait till 20 weeks now I think. Boo! Maybe I'll buy a Doppler :D

My next appt is January 7th but I'm not sure if they do a scan then or not? I know they usually do a 20 week scan so that may be the next time I see nugget booooo x 2! I have speculated my scan shows a boy but when the results of the materniT21 test come in sometime in the next week we'll know for sure.

Speaking of dopplers I got my sonoline b in today and finally found the nugget! Great fun and very reassuring...highly recommend it.

My next appt is January 7th but I'm not sure if they do a scan then or not? I know they usually do a 20 week scan so that may be the next time I see nugget booooo x 2! I have speculated my scan shows a boy but when the results of the materniT21 test come in sometime in the next week we'll know for sure.

Speaking of dopplers I got my sonoline b in today and finally found the nugget! Great fun and very reassuring...highly recommend it.

I have the 16 week app too but don't think I'll get a scan lol! I've had quite a few already :p
OMG that must be so exciting to think you'll be finding out baby's gender next week wow hope everything is all ok too :)

Awesome! Bet it's fun listening to your nugget hehe! I noticed on my notes that I have an anterior placenta so I hope I can still find baby!! I may have a look at the sonoline b :D

Wait your finding out the gender at 13 weeks???? You can do that???

I have the 16 week app too but don't think I'll get a scan lol! I've had quite a few already :p
OMG that must be so exciting to think you'll be finding out baby's gender next week wow hope everything is all ok too :)

Awesome! Bet it's fun listening to your nugget hehe! I noticed on my notes that I have an anterior placenta so I hope I can still find baby!! I may have a look at the sonoline b :D

Thanks gizzy I feel hopeful the materniT21 test will be good since the NT scan showed all is well as far as he syndroms they check for then. I just feel really positive about the whole thing now. You know I think you'll be able to find it even with an anterior placenta. I'm layered quite amply in the front (ehh hmm lol) and was able to find my nugget so I think that equals out somehow lol! I keep hearing this noise that sounds like the baby moving and I'm excited for it to grow so I can see if that's what it actually is :haha:

Wait your finding out the gender at 13 weeks???? You can do that???

Yes emmicakes it's an awesome new kind of testing called free fetal cell dna testing and there's several names for the various companies that offer slightly different versions of the test. Panaorma, MateriT21, Harmony, and one other I'm forgetting. They only need a few viles of the mother's blood so it's a great preliminary option for most women. A bonus of course is they can check for the Y chromosome and find out the gender!

The test is actually more to test for all the trisomy syndromes. Cell-free fetal DNA testing is thought to detect greater than 99 percent of all Down syndrome pregnancies and greater than 98 percent of all trisomy 18 pregnancies. If you get a high risk for any of these on this test you can the do a more invasive test if you choose like cvs or amniocentesis to verify.

I found out mu insurance covers it since I'm over 35 so I went for it. It is becoming more available so may be worth looking into if you were planning on ang genetic screening (or just really want to know the gender :thumbup:)

That sounds like the testing they want me to have done for my level II scan. Do they automatically test for the Y chromosome?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->